Heritage Owners Club

Why am I doing this?

PunkKitty

I sold my H-150 last week because it was too heavy for me and I've been playing my H-158 much more. I decided that if I buy another Heritage, it will be a H-535. And I'll only do that if the deal is right. 

So why do I find myself looking at H-150's again?

This is an addiction. We enable each other.

Sellers remorse.  It's the same thing as buyers remorse.  I often think about the guitars and amps that I have acquired and sold over the years.  The only one I went out and bought another one was a Taylor T5.  The only reason I sold my first one is because I sold it for  more than twice as much as I paid for it.  I'm money ahead.  You sold your guitar for a good reason, don't look back.  Find that H-535 you want.  You won't regret that purchase. 

There is nothing wrong with desiring a beautiful guitar, even if you don't play it much...or at all.   

Folks buy and sell beautiful art of all types.  We're lucky that guitars are functional art that we can play, tinker with and enjoy.  For me that equates to double the pleasure! 

Why? Because they're there. And as addictions go, this is the best kind. 

I've wanted a 535 for years. In the time it took for it to find me I have added a nice pair of 150s with P-90s and ThroBak SLE101s.

And I had no idea I wanted that marvelous maple Millie either, until it found its way to me. The perfect sound between a 535 and 150.

Thank you PK, for bringing it into the family. And thanks to the others in line for the perfect pickups and mods. 

I had similar "separation anxiety" after I traded my Mesa Boogie DC5 for an LP special. (P-90 fever.) I found another DC5 for $400 and finally got to hear how amazing a Millie and that Mesa sound together. The same is true for the 535 and the Boogie now.

So, yeah, we enable each other because the guitars we love bring us that special joy. 

49 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

There is nothing wrong with desiring a beautiful guitar, even if you don't play it much...or at all.   

Folks buy and sell beautiful art of all types.  We're lucky that guitars are functional art that we can play, tinker with and enjoy.  For me that equates to double the pleasure! 

This!

They are like art work to me. Plus the added pleasure of hittin the right note every once and awhile!

20 hours ago, PunkKitty said:

I sold my H-150 last week because it was too heavy for me and I've been playing my H-158 much more. I decided that if I buy another Heritage, it will be a H-535. And I'll only do that if the deal is right. 

So why do I find myself looking at H-150's again?

This is an addiction. We enable each other.

Well.... yes, we kinda do.  But the beauty of the guitars themselves have a hold on us beyond any enabling that goes on, IMHO.

That said, here's my '92 H-157, which is too heavy for me, too. 10 lbs!!  Fabulous guitar and gorgeous.  I just sit and look at her and marvel.  Don't play her enough, really, but save her for gigs I do where I sit rather than stand and love every minute of it.

OnMyWallTopHoriz.jpg

Completely understand the dilemma. I love dark burst guitars. Period. No matter the manufacturer. And I want to buy everyone I see. Especially any in the H150 type body design. OR 535 style. Or that iconic double cut style. Or flat top single cut style. Or . or . or. Fortunately, I have no money for deposits or a way to pay them off on credit. And that keeps me from being in guitar debt to the point of being an addiction. Oh, and this extends to other musical instruments, particularly those in the mandolini family. Yep, completely understand.

On 10/21/2017 at 11:46 AM, PunkKitty said:

It's not seller's remorse in this case. I hardly played that guitar. Still, I find 150's to be beautiful instruments. 

My 150LW is still earmarked for you (when I decide to sell it). My avatar is the headstock on that 150!

On 10/21/2017 at 9:46 AM, PunkKitty said:

It's not seller's remorse in this case. I hardly played that guitar. Still, I find 150's to be beautiful instruments. 

Especially if it is a gold top ... Don't know why I find them so attractive, not the kind of style I would normally like. But I am happy just to look at mine, even if I don't play it that often.

11 hours ago, ElNumero said:

My 150LW is still earmarked for you (when I decide to sell it). My avatar is the headstock on that 150!

Thanks, but don't hold it for me. I'm quite happy with my 158 and don't see selling it any time soon. At this point, I'm more interested in a 535.

51 minutes ago, PunkKitty said:

Thanks, but don't hold it for me. I'm quite happy with my 158 and don't see selling it any time soon. At this point, I'm more interested in a 535.

What is a 158? A millie?

12 hours ago, tonedeaf said:

Especially if it is a gold top ... Don't know why I find them so attractive, not the kind of style I would normally like. But I am happy just to look at mine, even if I don't play it that often.

Gold Top 150's are beautiful things.

I sold my 150 a while ago. I just dont like the feel of them. Plus they're heavy. But I still find myself wanting one. I think there's a Rock and Roll allure to them. So many guitar gods have use the LP style. I wish I still had my 535 (but with a different neck) I have a Millie DC and my new Prospect so there will be no new guitars anytime soon....... But a Mahogany Millie DC would be nice.. 

On ‎21‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 6:23 PM, Gitfiddler said:

YES !!!!!

Archived