Heritage Owners Club

Step To Heritage

Leduke

Hello.

I'm looking for a new guitar, a Es-335 Style. I'm from France, Heritage guitars H-535 is Higher pricing than Gibson ES-335 Block inlays plain tops.

Can you give me some aguments to go for Heritage H-535 instead og a Gibson ES-335 ?

Thank you.

Just doing a quick search online... I found Gibson faded plaintop satin  Es-335 for  $2,699  US  ( Sam Ash Music ) .. and a 2017 Heritage H-535 flametop for $2,470  US ( gbase ) 

Heritage is better value all the way around.    Nicer wood  and nicer finish for less. 

Can't say what numbers you are comparing there and on what.   The H-535 doesn't usually have block inlays, you could contact a dealer to get pricing on customizing one. 

A few Heritage dealers post on this Forum. Wolfe Guitars in Jupiter Florida ships overseas and has a stock of plan top 535s Suggest you review their inventory and see if anything interests you. If you are looking for a plan top with blocks you might need to have one made to order so you can specify finish, pups, neck carve among other options. Costs nothing to get a quote.

1 hour ago, Leduke said:

Hello.

I'm looking for a new guitar, a Es-335 Style. I'm from France, Heritage guitars H-535 is Higher pricing than Gibson ES-335 Block inlays plain tops.

Can you give me some aguments to go for Heritage H-535 instead og a Gibson ES-335 ?

Thank you.

Hi Leduke.  Welcome to the HOC!

Heritage semi-hollow guitars are different from Gibson's.  Some  people like me (and most everyone here on the HOC) think the design and quality of the H535 and H555's are better than their Gibson counterparts.  

Heritages are constructed with Solid Rims; Input jack on the rim (not the top); 17 degree pitch peghead and overall more attention to detail.  They are hand made by a small team of craftsmen and offer many custom upgrades not available by Gibson. 

Not sure why they are more expensive in France, but maybe you should check with other dealers.  Check out the prices, features and quality of these listings from Wolf Guitars.  I only list them since he sells worldwide.  There are other dealers here on the HOC who can also quote you great prices.

https://www.gbase.com/stores/wolfe-guitars/inventory?q=h5

Tough call.  In the USA, Gibson has a much higher resale value than a Heritage. So if your worried about resale value than go with the Gibson.  I own both a Gibson ES-335 and a Heritage H-535, and I would not part with either guitar.  I believe the Heritage is a better made guitar.  They are both great guitars.  IMO matching the pickup to your style of music is extremely important.  

First, I'd like to point out that most Heritages are all custom ordered.  So they are all in fact, a Custom Shop guitar.

If you are comparing prices, picking the right color, pickups, hardware, binding, wood package.... the list goes on.

In the end, you'll still end up with a better made guitar that is cheaper than a Gibson Custom Shop guitar.

I agree with everyone else, look elsewhere.  You should find them cheaper.

Hello. Thank you for replying.

I'm not looking for resale, I have a really good boutique Amp, and I know that resale is not easy, I also looked for a 52' telecaster, and I chose the Maybach Teleman T54, not easy to resale too...

I just want to pay the good price for the good instrument ! I want to buy a guitar, not a Brand...

Let's see:

$3,945 -> https://www.woodbrass.com/guitares-electriques-demi-caisse-gibson-es-335-traditionalvintage-ebony-2018-p254611.html

Resale price in France is about $2,300 / $2,500

$4,758 -> https://www.woodbrass.com/guitares-electriques-demi-caisse-gibson-core-es-335-figured-natural-nickel-2016-p216622.html  :blink: Realy....

I just saw in Netherland and in Dutchland Heratge H-535 in stock for $2,700 / $3,000

Thanks for advices ! :D

I have not heard of anyone being disappointed with their 535, and wishing they had a 335 instead. I have heard people who were disappointed with new 335s.

The 535 is a bit thinner, and I find that more comfortable than a 335. 

YYRwRg2h.jpg

OK... It was a rhetoric question... :D

I'll go for the Heritage instead of The Gibson... A friend of mine let me try his 335 reissue 59, but he tryed tenties Gibsons before chose his Ri 59 335 (not so easy in France...).

I think I'll gi for the antique Natural... B)

Next step.... My Wife :D:D:D All Around The World it's The same deal ! :D

2016 Heritage H535

No. 2710
This beautiful mega flamey Natural Heritage H535 is simply "blondalicious!" She wears a beautiful REAL WOOD Polished Ebony pickguard. Not to mention all the specs we all love, real Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, real Honduran Mahogany neck, AAA "dark" Rosewood fingerboard, 1-11/16th "bone" nut, 24.75" scale length, Vintage look cream color binding, Seymour Duncan's most vintage performing model Seth Lover humbucker in the bridge and a 59 in the neck, TonePros locking bridge & stop bar, CTS control pots, Vintage style wiring, 17 degree peghead angle, Grover Rotomatic tuners, exclusive custom Pickguard shape and all the gorgeous vintage tones these Guitars are famous for. So beautifully hand crafted in the historic Parsons Street shop in old Kalamazoo by the world's most experienced builders of this style Guitar.

Heritage's largest Dealer for 3 decades & counting 
WOLFE GUITARS, Jupiter, Florida TEL: 561-746-2209
e-mail: wolfeguitars@comcast.net
www.wolfeguitars.com We ship worldwide

From the Duncan web site:
Seth Lover Bridge-
Hand built exactly the way Seth Lover designed, these faithful PAFs deliver an open airy humbucker tone for your bridge position. The Seth Lover bridge model gives you that warm airy, open tone by striking just the right balance of low end warmth with a smooth but articulate top end. The alnico 2 bar magnet helps to sweeten the high end response, while the vintage output coils bring out this pickups rich harmonic content. Chords will have a full, open sound, and single notes will have a soft, yet articulate feel. The un-potted nickel silver cover gives the tone an almost piano like percussive quality. The mold we use for our butyrate bobbins was created by the same factory that built the original PAF mold for Gibson. Other key features include our specially manufactured 42AWG plain enamel mag wire, nickel silver cover, 2.5-inch alnico 2 bar magnet, custom machined metal and maple spacers, single conductor push-back braided lead wire, and nickel silver bottom plate.We wind every Seth Lover humbucker on Seymour’s original Leesona winding machine from the early Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, MI., for that unmistakable vintage tone and feel.
59 NECK- The ’59 Model neck pickup is one of our most popular pickups because it’s so versatile. It’s designed in the spirit of the original PAF humbuckers of the 1950s, with sweet sustain, full-sounding chords, clear and bright attack, but we’ve made a few refinements to slightly modernize the design and make it more adaptable to different styles.
The ’59 has a full low end which is great for adding character to your clean sounds and sustain to your leads. The high end is slightly boosted for improved pick-attack clarity and the mids are a little scooped for an open, smooth sound that’s great for preserving the clarity of the individual notes in a chord. Play softly and the mids and highs seem to fade back, but pick hard and the note will be confident and clear. There isn’t a genre that the ’59 can’t work within. The ’59 Model neck pickup is wound on Seymour’s Leesona 102 pickup winding machine, the very one that was used in the Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, MI in the 1950s. It comes standard with a long-legged nickel silver bottom plate, vintage single conductor braided push back lead wire and no logo.
The pairing of a 59 in the neck and a Seth Lover in the bridge is a vintage tonal delight.

.________________________________________________________________________________________

Plan Top

Year Condition Color Case
2017 Brand New Old Style Sunburst Hard

$2,099

p2_u1n5cyd3v_so.jpg

Archived