Heritage Owners Club

NGD - Cat's Out of the Bag

DetroitBlues

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/25/2018 at 6:05 AM, koula901 said:

That's an a beautiful guitar with amazing appointments.  I would probably love that chunky neck.  Don't you dare sell this one! ;)

It hasn't crossed my mine.  It gets played a lot, probably more than my 535.  It looks great on wall, it feels great in the hands, and sounds great to the ears.  Its not heavy at all.  I absolutely love it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2018 at 8:48 PM, Besty said:

I've never heard the P90's on a 150. Definitely beautiful.

Boston's  (the band) Tom Scholz has always played P90's in a '68 Les Paul, and given us, arguably, the riff that catapulted air guitar into the western cultural ethos.  Interesting, when you consider what a technological genius he is, and the extent of manipulation he did to the sound of his bands music in general, that he chose those old school rudimentary pickups as the basis. Of course maybe they just look like P90's and there's something different altogether going on behind them.

On 4/2/2018 at 3:31 PM, AP515 said:

That guitar's been played...

That's good blues.

He was the best, end of story, period.   When I owned DB's GT 150 P90, I named it Sean in honor of Sean Costello.   So sad he is no longer with us.   But he was on the path to sit with the 3 Kings & SRV.  The pharasing, his note selections, his TONE, voice, ect..... so mature beyond his years.

RIP Sean Costello.  I miss every note you were to have played. 

Archived