Heritage Owners Club

Colors variation for wine burst, is it the same for antique Natural ?

Leduke

Hello.

I'm look for many Heritage H-535 pics, I wonder wich color to choose if I'll order a Heritage. I saw that there is many difference between guitar with the same finish.

How can you explain that ?

Exemples for 3 Vintage Wine Burst h-535:

Heritage-AG34202-7594.jpgHeritage-AF12103-6679.jpgHeritage-AF12704-8571.jpg

So I wonder if the Antique Natural are in the same way ?

Heritage-AF26901-7230.jpg

Thank you

Artistic license on most of the Bursts.  Antique natural should be more consistent with one color palette. 

My 2 cents.

19 minutes ago, skydog52 said:

Artistic license on most of the Bursts.  Antique natural should be more consistent with one color palette. 

My 2 cents.

Right all depends on the sprayer and how he or she wants to shade it

I would not suggest getting vintage wineburst, unless you like all three of the guitars pictured above.  I got a prospect in vintage wineburst, having seen one that looks like the one on the right, and when it arrived, it looked more like the one on the left, but the reds even were more red and the yellows even more yellow.  It's too yellow for my liking.  So, unless you are okay with even  more variance than pictured above, you may want to consider a different finish.  It's all personal preference, of course, but I have never seen an Old Style Sunburst that I didn't like ...

Antique Natural is fairly consistent from guitar to guitar.  The darker the color,  the more things can vary.

Also, there are varying degrees of shading and color in most 'bursts'.  Vintage Burst,  Amber, Golden Amber are other colors you might consider.

7 hours ago, skydog52 said:

My 2 cents.

This ^

And while there are many here more knowledgeable about H guitars than I, from a wood finishing perspective (where I can speak just a skosh more intelligently) one has to bear in mind that wood is a natural material and will react with finishes the way it wants to.  Then of course, different runs of the same type of wood will have a variety of shades/patterns, etc. etc..

Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious.

7 hours ago, myoldfriend said:

wood is a natural material and will react with finishes the way it wants to.  Then of course, different runs of the same type of wood will have a variety of shades/patterns, etc. etc..

Not wrong.... B)

The beauty of the bursts the variety of color that shows depending on the light that reflects from it.  

You'll think it looks one color in daylight, but looks vastly different indoors.

Stage lighting also tricks the eyes; audiences can't even tell its a flame maple from a plain maple.

Not sure if this is still the case or not... but when custom ordering, you used to be able to give some input on how you want the burst done. Could ask for it to be a little darker, or smaller center/ less yellow area. Doesn't guarantee you'll get exactly whats in your head (its all done by hand, and there's no template!), but might help. 

I did that back when I ordered that one particular guitar that I'm not going to mention...  VWB is my favorite color, next to antiqued natural, but I too don't care for to much yellow. 

6 hours ago, kbp810 said:

Not sure if this is still the case or not... but when custom ordering, you used to be able to give some input on how you want the burst done. Could ask for it to be a little darker, or smaller center/ less yellow area. Doesn't guarantee you'll get exactly whats in your head (its all done by hand, and there's no template!), but might help. 

I did that back when I ordered that one particular guitar that I'm not going to mention...  VWB is my favorite color, next to antiqued natural, but I too don't care for to much yellow. 

Does this meet your approval Brian? It looks alot like the one on the far right (original post)

535 VWB 4.jpg

Archived