Jump to content
hopkinwfg

2017 H150 vs 2005 H150

Recommended Posts

OK, let's see here.

It appears this member wants to know if an H150 can be (or have):

...more crystal clear and have good punch and bite...

...very biting, nice mids with abit scooped tone and clear on overdrive with the kinda 'light crunch' tone...

...bottle end sweetness, thick and biting tones with nice mids...

I can't help but think our collective chain is being pulled just a bit.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OK, let's see here.
It appears this member wants to know if an H150 can be (or have):
...more crystal clear and have good punch and bite...
...very biting, nice mids with abit scooped tone and clear on overdrive with the kinda 'light crunch' tone...
...bottle end sweetness, thick and biting tones with nice mids...
I can't help but think our collective chain is being pulled just a bit.
 
   
 
HAUNTING MIDS!!!!
OP IS LOOKING FOR HAUNTING MIDS!!!
....And CHIRP!!

This could very well be a set up.

All my guitars have all that stuff.
Just sometimes not at the same settings on the guitar or amp.
Sometimes i have to use a different plectrum or not use one at all.

Historics have a "chalky" sound you cant dial out. My h150 has it but you have to dial it in.



Sent from my SM-J120ZN using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2017 at 9:10 AM, JeffB said:

HAUNTING MIDS!!!!
OP IS LOOKING FOR HAUNTING MIDS!!!
....And CHIRP!!

This could very well be a set up.

All my guitars have all that stuff.
Just sometimes not at the same settings on the guitar or amp.
Sometimes i have to use a different plectrum or not use one at all.

Historics have a "chalky" sound you cant dial out. My h150 has it but you have to dial it in.



Sent from my SM-J120ZN using 

so guys does the H150 has a D or C shape neck ? And does it resemble close to a Gibson 59 type neck ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hopkinwfg said:

so guys does the H150 has a D or C shape neck ? And does it resemble close to a Gibson 59 type neck ? 

My H150 has a slimmer neck.

More of a 60's oval c.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JeffB said:

My H150 has a slimmer neck.

More of a 60's oval c.

 

Oh... i dont know if Heritage H150 are more towards 59s type neck or 60s slimmer necks thou... 

Guess many comments good on the 59s gibson type neck... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you order one you can get the neck carved however you want

 

pre-2012 or so ( approximately? ) the necks were slimmer than they are now

 

*edit* what part of Asia are you in? Heritage has a pretty good presence over there I think....shouldn't be too hard to find one, or a dealer?

Edited by bolero
details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2017 at 11:43 PM, hopkinwfg said:

Howdy... any grown Heritage fans here...?

 

What's your budget? How much are you willing to spend?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bolero said:

if you order one you can get the neck carved however you want

 

pre-2012 or so ( approximately? ) the necks were slimmer than they are now

 

*edit* what part of Asia are you in? Heritage has a pretty good presence over there I think....shouldn't be too hard to find one, or a dealer?

Am from singapore... Mmmm i have contacted wolfe guitars on one but sad thing is i cant get a rosewood neck shipped to singapore due to recently implemented CITES guidelines... 

Instead Jay at wolfe had asked to do an ebony H150CM.... but i dont know if the tone will impact much, but i confess i do like ebony more than rosewood maybe due to its tighter pores in nature... 

Have actually never been an LP guy nor a strat guy... infact i am a metal person who owns a Jackson sl2h and recently gotten a Kiesel vader... cause i was strucked by Garry moores LP tone and i think it be nice to get something from the classic era like LP and so i am here enquiring... lol am more of a 24 fret guy than 22... yet again who knows i still like the LP crystal clear light crunch with bottle end bites and chunk... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hear many of this lately and the tone is just so surreal ! Very organic with juices light crunch and biting tones not harsh mids but nice tamed sweet not sure if its scooped by nature of mahogany ? 

Not sure if what my percieved tone on this transcends accurately thru words... 

Please excuse my knowledge on gary moore... 

I searched many of Gary moore LP and always came acrossed knowing the fact that Garys LP was passed over from a blues master peter green... and his LP has a kinda neck pickup being placed out of phase ? Upside down ? Lol 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hopkinwfg said:

Am from singapore... Mmmm i have contacted wolfe guitars on one but sad thing is i cant get a rosewood neck shipped to singapore due to recently implemented CITES guidelines... 

Instead Jay at wolfe had asked to do an ebony H150CM.... but i dont know if the tone will impact much, but i confess i do like ebony more than rosewood maybe due to its tighter pores in nature... 

Have actually never been an LP guy nor a strat guy... infact i am a metal person who owns a Jackson sl2h and recently gotten a Kiesel vader... cause i was strucked by Garry moores LP tone and i think it be nice to get something from the classic era like LP and so i am here enquiring... lol am more of a 24 fret guy than 22... yet again who knows i still like the LP crystal clear light crunch with bottle end bites and chunk... 

You might be in luck Kaki! 

Where you aware that Meng Ru Kouk , the same fella who owns the popular Singapore based company's Swee Lee and BandLab had recently purchased 49% of Heritage Guitars?

I could be dead wrong but.....I have a VERY STRONG suspicion that this recently forged "partnership" could have very well been brought on, in part, by the whole CITIES hang up....... In fact, I could EASILY see a new line of Heritage Guitars being produced somewhere in your neck of the woods soon enough......you know, to help "make" the guitars more readily available in the far east to discerning guitar fans such as yourself.

Either way, it shouldn't be long before there will be more Heritage guitars available for you to check out in person.

Again....Best of luck in your Heritage Journey!

Edited by Polo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Polo said:

You might be in luck Kaki! 

Where you aware that Meng Ru Kouk , the same fella who owns the popular Singapore based company's Swee Lee and BandLab had recently purchased 49% of Heritage Guitars?

I could be dead wrong but.....I have a VERY STRONG suspicion that this recently forged "partnership" could have very well been brought on, in part, by the whole CITIES hang up....... In fact, I could EASILY see a new line of Heritage Guitars being produced somewhere in your neck of the woods soon enough......you know, to help "make" the guitars more readily available in the far east to discerning guitar fans such as yourself.

Either way, it shouldn't be long before there will be more Heritage guitars available for you to check out in person.

Again....Best of luck in your Heritage Journey!

Huh? Really? Am not sure but owning 49% of Heritage guitars ? Omg.... no idea.... i just checked my local swee lee website but no Heritage brands nor any news... 

Not being a bad boy here... but i sense if this true this may be end of Heritage coy? As being part of shareholder wont it interfere with the whole Heritage way of conduct ? Not that i am having no confidence but alot of we singapore mentality makes us sick and singapore is about profit and cost cutting... thus to relate this to a coy that has all the reputation of being fineness, exquite workmanship on quality and highend product i have a strong feeling that is not going to turn out good ! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hopkinwfg said:

Huh? Really? Am not sure but owning 49% of Heritage guitars ? Omg.... no idea.... i just checked my local swee lee website but no Heritage brands nor any news... 

Not being a bad boy here... but i sense if this true this may be end of Heritage coy? As being part of shareholder wont it interfere with the whole Heritage way of conduct ? Not that i am having no confidence but alot of we singapore mentality makes us sick and singapore is about profit and cost cutting... thus to relate this to a coy that has all the reputation of being fineness, exquite workmanship on quality and highend product i have a strong feeling that is not going to turn out good ! Lol

So if you are concerned about future fineness and cost cutting I would suggest getting that 150 with the Ebony finger board (which you said you like more than Rosewood) now. You can order the neck carve 59 like you want, specify a weight limitation, pickups and colors. It would still be less than a Gibson. I have 6 Heritage guitars built from 2006 to 2013. Quality went up as did pricing. The three customs were each better than the previous and no one is able to play a custom built guitar before they order it. Why not now? 

Edited by Spectrum13
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hopkinwfg said:

Huh? Really? Am not sure but owning 49% of Heritage guitars ? Omg.... no idea.... i just checked my local swee lee website but no Heritage brands nor any news... 

Not being a bad boy here... but i sense if this true this may be end of Heritage coy? As being part of shareholder wont it interfere with the whole Heritage way of conduct ? Not that i am having no confidence but alot of we singapore mentality makes us sick and singapore is about profit and cost cutting... thus to relate this to a coy that has all the reputation of being fineness, exquite workmanship on quality and highend product i have a strong feeling that is not going to turn out good ! Lol

Good or Bad..... it's true. 

As a longtime Heritage fan and arguably one of it's loudest supporters both here and outside of the internet.........I will gladly and openly state that I am beyond disappointed with the whole ordeal. 

Frankly, It's quite bizarre to me that there has been literally zero internet chatter about this "partnership" since being announced in early September. 

Anyone have the stones to openly ponder such a riddle?

:icon_scratch:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Moore, Live at Montreux playing his Heritage Signature H150. My drummer used to complain that I didn't play LPs. He once brought up this very vid to show me the tone I needed to go after. I politely pointed out Gary was playing a Heritage H150. 'nuf said!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing Polo ! It had happened so lets keep our fingers crossed... and dont be suprised to see any weird models churning out from Heritage guitars or perhaps the H150 and other pioneer models be sky rocketting.... 

Dont forget he mentioned about new technologies and ways to improve... did he mean "production" ? 

And thus how will this idea gel out to get Heritage guitars still building their guitars in the traditional methods ? 

Just hope that the "partnership saga" will be left for just sales intervention but not of any nonsense idea to change and affect the usual Heritage guitar processes and quality.... 

IMO Heritage guitar should carry on the way as what it is on its processes and thats what it truely speaks of when people know they are getting real deal on their money spent for as the Heritage instrument not only speaks as just an instrument itself but its the work and crafts of the traditional methods that makes we crazy of...

Edited by hopkinwfg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spectrum13 said:

So if you are concerned about future fineness and cost cutting I would suggest getting that 150 with the Ebony finger board (which you said you like more than Rosewood) now. You can order the neck carve 59 like you want, specify a weight limitation, pickups and colors. It would still be less than a Gibson. I have 6 Heritage guitars built from 2006 to 2013. Quality went up as did pricing. The three customs were each better than the previous and no one is able to play a custom built guitar before they order it. Why not now? 

Be looking for one soon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

01212_lFdtfTKFsK_1200x900.jpg

1992 H-150CM

My H-157 is flawless and more on a par with the PRS Private Stock guitars than the Gibson historic or custom guitars.  I have a PRS Private Stock and have owned many Gibson "historic" series and "custom" guitars. 

If you want an instrument that is made in the same manner as the best Gibson offered in the late 50's and 60's, then buy a Heritage.  If you want a guitar made to *copy* the same manner as the best Gibson made in that era, then buy a Gibson.

Heritage doesn't need to find an old Gibson and measure it, etc. to make it as it was done then.  They just go into the shop and build a guitar.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleLeroy said:

01212_lFdtfTKFsK_1200x900.jpg

1992 H-150CM

My H-157 is flawless and more on a par with the PRS Private Stock guitars than the Gibson historic or custom guitars.  I have a PRS Private Stock and have owned many Gibson "historic" series and "custom" guitars. 

If you want an instrument that is made in the same manner as the best Gibson offered in the late 50's and 60's, then buy a Heritage.  If you want a guitar made to *copy* the same manner as the best Gibson made in that era, then buy a Gibson.

Heritage doesn't need to find an old Gibson and measure it, etc. to make it as it was done then.  They just go into the shop and build a guitar.

Wow.... is that top ! I bet such a top would be like 600 more on upgrade ? 

I just happen to see on comments on heritage slimmer neck... i got a slim soloist jackson neck not that i didnt like like it but i prefer to get something on it own... ie an LP shall have an LP neck D shape profile huh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×