Heritage Owners Club

PickUps comparison on a H157

Gianluca

(no affil)

(don't know if already posted) I thought to share this comparison of Seymour Duncan vs Bare Knuckle I found scrolling my Facebook feed.

It's homemade but I think it's not bad and makes the difference between the two sets clear, though the player shows a (slightly biased)preference on BNs in my opinion. :-)

a good comparison between an A2 magnet vintage wound and an A5 Potted 59. it you were comparing apples to set which had the characteristics you desired you would compare the 

:Mule(A4) VS duncan 59(A5)   or
Stormy Monday A2  VS Seth Lover A2

Different magnets are complete different voicing of sound.

Isn't this stuff fun?

On 16/11/2017 at 12:15 AM, Millennium Maestro said:

a good comparison between an A2 magnet vintage wound and an A5 Potted 59. it you were comparing apples to set which had the characteristics you desired you would compare the 

yes :-)

Isn't this stuff fun?

homemade indeed! :-)

by the way...maybe the BNs would better fit on a H150 imHo

On 15/11/2017 at 11:15 PM, Millennium Maestro said:

Isn't this stuff fun?

When I got my H150 VSB I used it for a while before changing the Duncan 59s for a set of Stormy Mondays. The change from A5 to A2 magnets gave a noticeably looser feel, which I liked. Recently I acquired another 150 (ASB this time) and decided to keep the Duncan 59s so (despite what I said in another thread about too much choice in the modern world) I have the option of A2 or A5 magnets in similar guitars.

Yes, this stuff is fun!

By the way, I think the Bare Knuckle PAFs with A5 magnets are Riff Raffs.

Archived