Heritage Owners Club

Unnatural Acts With The Elusive H-170

LittleLeroy

So now I turn to the H-170.  Having exhausted the possibilities of obtaining an H-357, I move on to another elusive Heritage model (with humbucking pickups) that allows easy access to the 22nd fret and beyond.  I found these grown men perpetrating acts with fingers and hands that may, indeed, be deemed "unnatural" with the above referenced instrument.  Oh, for shame!  Still, I move forward and hope to find an unsullied H-170.  One that may be untainted by any odd peccadillos, though not necessarily untouched or unloved.  But, can such a one be found?!

BobLaFondRhoadsScholarH170.jpg

BrentHwH170.jpg

LanceWarrenBigBobwH170.jpg

It is usually when you give up hope finding a guitar that one shows up.  My thoughts are that the h-170 will do everything a 357 will and it will feel more familiar. Having said that, a 357 will most likely become available soon based on my theory.

Good hunting!,

y2kc

One of my favorite guitars. It was a rescue....

1986 H-170

Currently has a fresh set of killer T-Top repros by Tone Master Pickups

1511280476_img_0526.jpg 

6 hours ago, Wattage said:

One of my favorite guitars. It was a rescue....

1986 H-170

Currently has a fresh set of killer T-Top repros by Tone Master Pickups

1511280476_img_0526.jpg 

Very nice!  She has the "big" wings, too.  How much does she weigh?  Thick or thin body?

I am expecting to stumble upon a 170 in a Florida pawn shop one day. And since they will have no idea what it is, I will steal that baby!

20 hours ago, LittleLeroy said:

Yes, it's on my radar, thanks.  But Stag Mags?!  I think not....

Stag mags wire parallel... Boy are they hot with standard wiring.  Pickups can easily be swapped... By me or someone else.   Those are the original pups.

Remember our conversation about DC millies??  Same story about h-170s... You know how to get a hold of me.

1 hour ago, Millennium Maestro said:

Stag mags wire parallel... Boy are they hot with standard wiring.  Pickups can easily be swapped... By me or someone else.   Those are the original pups.

Remember our conversation about DC millies??  Same story about h-170s... You know how to get a hold of me.

Hi Guy!  I understand.  But pups without adjustable pole pieces are a non-starter for me.  Maybe someday a pickup maker will figure out a way to make a balanced pickup where the G and B strings aren't so much louder than the high E string.  'til then I have to be able to adjust each string individually.

Archived