Heritage Owners Club

Replacement Knobs for my 2009 535

volhoo

Hi y'all - long time no see.

I am looking to replace the black speed knobs on my 2009 535 with some vintage style Amber top hats. 

Seems simple enough - but Stew Mac is asking me if I have coarse-knurled pot shafts - or - fine-knurled pot shafts.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

5357.jpg

I love everything about your beautiful 535, including the Black Speeds; Keep 'em!  I know, I know, I'm a real big help..... 

Honestly, I have replaced many knobs on guitars, and I have never known of any differentiation like that you mention; just order some Proline knobs on Musicians Friend and ease them on.

Below is what I found when I was trying to get an exact replacement knob for my 2006 H-150. The information came from Heritage. 

Also, fine vs. course knurled (the splines) shaft make a difference if the knob you get will fit correctly. The All Parts site says "fit USA split shaft pots", i.e. fine knurl. They obviously have more options than just the amber top that I was wanting.

Hope this helps.

"In case anyone else wanted to know who supplies the amber top hat knobs for H-150s. I finally got around to finding out.

Allparts, item #: PK-0140-022 Vintage Style Amber Bell Knobs.

https://www.allparts.com/PK-0140-022-Vintage-Style-Amber-Bell-Knobs_p_2824.html"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived