Heritage Owners Club

Bigsby B6 with Towner down tension bar on 535

volhoo

Why jack around with what appears to be a perfect guitar? Seriously, that guitar is perfect.

I'd consider viewing this situation as raw motivation towards buying another guitar all together. :icon_thumleft:

Either way, enjoy your new guitar! 

On 11/27/2017 at 7:32 PM, TalismanRich said:

It looks like the Towner system is reversible.   Still,  I'm not a big fan of Bigsby guitars.   The idea always sounds great, but in the end the execution doesn't seem to meet expectations.

I felt the same way Rich.... until I got my Gretsch Penguin and the Bigsby is incredible.  I really LOVE it and couldn't imagine owning the guitar without the Bigsby!!!!

I just read an review article in an old Vintage Guitar mag about this Towner down tension bar. Apparently it keeps the guitar in tune, much better than just using the stock Bigsby setup. They also offer an adapter plate so your strap button is much more accessible. I can mail the article to you if you would like or you may be able to access it online. 

Yeah - thanks much guys - I know it's a controversial issue - but - after reading everything I could about this system - and because of my strong desire for a tremolo system on electric guitars - I am going to give it a try.

I remain hopeful.

- Vince

I have a 550 with a Bigsby.  The wiggle arm adds too much weight to the bottom of the guitar.  Best try a jig to see if you like it before buying a new guitar. 

img_5202_std.jpg

img_5206_std.jpg

On 02/12/2017 at 9:00 AM, High Flying Bird said:

I have a 550 with a Bigsby.  The wiggle arm adds too much weight to the bottom of the guitar.  Best try a jig to see if you like it before buying a new guitar. 

img_5202_std.jpg

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh !!!!! Wonderfull ! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived