Heritage Owners Club

Heritage 157W limited ?

hopkinwfg

Been looking at these H157W runs and also featured in premier guitar on these special limited runs..

May i know none other than the throbaks pickups and premium electronics and the fancyful tiger flame with matching headstock... how is it different from a regular standard H157 ?

Are these H157W masterbuild ? Or build by same regular guys thats building the standard H157 ? 

You can see the specifications.

The W designation stands for Western Maple and they have some Great wood packages on these.

Quilted of Flame. Pickups and Electronics...................................................

Here are pics of one I ordered and sold. I've sold 3 so far and customers really loved the KZ Pickups.

Fit and finish is fantastic!

H-157W Head Small.jpg

H-157W Small.jpg

1 hour ago, DetroitBlues said:

there is a wood package upgrade, the electronics and pickups are custom spec.

Add in the special matching headstock and updated logo.

Original 157's were just Black Beauties I believe.

If you read the specifications it is all there.

The H-157 Limited was a different animal of it's own. All mahogany. Once again in the specifications.

Limited H-157 Specs.jpg

52 minutes ago, skydog52 said:

If you read the specifications it is all there.

The H-157 Limited was a different animal of it's own. All mahogany. Once again in the specifications.

Limited H-157 Specs.jpg

H-157 Limited  35.jpg

Thanks guys for the information... but is there a thing like masterbuild for these Heritage H157 ? Ie most experienced builder from Heritage and be costing higher on price ? Or are these H157W made by the same builder whom also made the regular H157 ? 

4 hours ago, hopkinwfg said:

Thanks guys for the information... but is there a thing like masterbuild for these Heritage H157 ? Ie most experienced builder from Heritage and be costing higher on price ? Or are these H157W made by the same builder whom also made the regular H157 ? 

ALL of the limited edition runs are overseen by Heritage "master-builder" Pete Farmer.....he's actually the guy who came up with the H-157W concept.

Have you tried contacting the folks at Heritage via email (info@heritageguitar.com) with regards to these "haunting mids" you seek? They will surely be able to put in touch with a dealer who could build any guitar you want.

FWIW- If the H-157W isn't doing it for you, There's always the ever puzzling Heritage H-150 Special California 6 to consider as well.

https://reverb.com/item/4826178-heritage-h-150-special-california-6-5-of-6-59-re-issue-faded-vintage-burst

Hi Polo.... thanks alot :) i have not email heritage yet... i just doing comparison on the possible Heritage LP with a sexy top and awesome done up construction...

I can negate the throbaks and electronics but i really want quality wood that has the tone and quality build thats flawless... 

This am just weighting if there really a need in my case to go with the H157W vs regular H157 with top up on quality wood and beautiful maple top... 

4 hours ago, hopkinwfg said:

The closest you'd get is to ask Pete Farmer to build it, but he supervises most of the builds and does help throughout the process.

The factory is small scale and build to order, essentially every Heritage is custom shop.

In this case, its the extra cost of materials that drives the price, not the labor going into it.

1 minute ago, hopkinwfg said:

Hi Polo.... thanks alot :) i have not email heritage yet... i just doing comparison on the possible Heritage LP with a sexy top and awesome done up construction...

I can negate the throbaks and electronics but i really want quality wood that has the tone and quality build thats flawless... 

This am just weighting if there really a need in my case to go with the H157W vs regular H157 with top up on quality wood and beautiful maple top... 

Ordering a H-157 with an upgraded wood package will check every box. Period. 

5 hours ago, hopkinwfg said:

I talked to Pete Farmer this morning and they do have some builds left.

Polo is correct that Pete personally supervises these builds himself.

Available:

#s 16,17,18,19,22,23 in Quilt

#s 20,22,23 in Tiger

2 hours ago, skydog52 said:

Available:

#s 16,17,18,19,22,23 in Quilt

#s 20,22,23 in Tiger

Thanks for that Paul.

On 12/13/2017 at 6:34 AM, hopkinwfg said:

Are these H157W masterbuild ? Or build by same regular guys thats building the standard H157 ? 

Heritage has a very qualified staff building guitar, quality has never been better:
- Most production process's are handled by trained builders
- Pete and Jim would be considered Masterbuilders also with several LONG term builders in the shop
- when a guitar  needs special attention on the build Masterbuilders give more attention and supervision
- The true Masters are busy folks, more and more is handled by their trusted lieutenants

I would not demean anybody there by referring to them as just a same ol' regular guy. The lesser qualified manage everyday routine processes as they develop additional skills while being trained by highly skilled, experienced and trained luthiers. 

11 hours ago, Millennium Maestro said:

Thanks for that Paul.

Heritage has a very qualified staff building guitar, quality has never been better:
- Most production process's are handled by trained builders
- Pete and Jim would be considered Masterbuilders also with several LONG term builders in the shop
- when a guitar  needs special attention on the build Masterbuilders give more attention and supervision
- The true Masters are busy folks, more and more is handled by their trusted lieutenants

I would not demean anybody there by referring to them as just a same ol' regular guy. The lesser qualified manage everyday routine processes as they develop additional skills while being trained by highly skilled, experienced and trained luthiers. 

Am sorry for my bad..... and Heritage are really nice and am struggling to save for one... 

Archived