Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Colonial Info

slotunes

Hello, Ive had a few of these in the past and have stupidly sold them/traded them.I  have a larger gig now and am looking for one.I did find one, very clean, but doesn't have the wood front.Anyone know the history, are these later or early models?Did Paul have his hands in them?This one doesn't have the pull bright which my early wood face ones had.Any info appreciated!Thanks!

I've never seen one without the wood front.  It has always been my supposition that Mather cabs and Mr. Cochrane joined the new line of Heritage amps at the same time.  The Colonial you've found may be pre-Mather cabs and an early example.

I'd like to get a photo of the amp you're describing and Love to get the serial number - We've been trying to decode the serial numbers.

I agree, they are superb amps!

• 3 weeks later...

one of my favorite topix.  my Colonial is a prize, fer shur.  if you want all the answers to your questions, log in to TGP and do a search on "Heritage Colonial".  Paul Cochrane he lotsa inputs and things to inform and entertain.  for  now:  Paul designed and built these.  there were a handful of techs to help out.  wood panel fronts have no sonic significance.  pull-for-bright was an option.  there were others.  e-mail me anytime or post here for more info.

(e-mail:  hawkeyeinexile@gmail.com)

(TGP:   http:www.thegearpage.net)

best,

jeff

Archived