Heritage Owners Club

Tone King Ironman II Attenuator - Take 2

cobo

In this version, I recorded the exact same guitar solo (via a looper pedal), through the amp with attenuator set to all the different levels, on different tracks. Then, I play the tracks back and keep switching between them to hear the difference.

Colm

It's been nearly a decade since I last tried an attenuator.  I have to agree, this is the most innocuous tone change I've ever come across.  15db is a significant reduction in pressure levels; impressive!

Over, above and beyond your playing, the approach is spot on for showing the problems I encountered in the past.  I don't hear them here.  With a bevy of 100W amps, you've presented me a new way to have fun.  My hat's off to you cobo!

8 hours ago, Steiner said:

With a bevy of 100W amps, you've presented me a new way to have fun.  My hat's off to you cobo!

Note that the Ironman II Mini is only rated for amps less than 30W.  Not sure if they make one for the big kahunas ...

1 hour ago, cobo said:

Note that the Ironman II Mini is only rated for amps less than 30W.  Not sure if they make one for the big kahunas ...

Doh!  You're right.  The mini is the only one they show on their website.  All things in due time.

Still a useful appendage for the pups in the pack.

Mighty fine efforts cobo!  Thank you again

Archived