Heritage Owners Club

Your "swiss army knife" Heritage

ElNumero

If you were doing a 24 city 6 state tour and you could only bring ONE Heritage guitar, that's it (other brands for backup OK), which one would it be? My guess is most folks would say their 535 or Prospect. 

Which one would be yours?

I’m more aligned with Yooper. I find myself reaching for my 140 with ThroBaks more than my 535 or my Prospect. In all candor, if it didn’t have to be a Heritage, my Strat would be the best pick for my style and music tastes.

Colm

6 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Awesome 555, John.

How would you characterize the Throbak PG-102’s in that semi?

The SLE-101s are Jon's take on the classic PAF Humbucker (I have these in all my solidbody humbucker guitars). 

The PG-102s are Jon's take on Peter Green's famous magnet flip humbuckers.  Well, when they measured Peter Green's guitar pickups the resistance was a little hotter than a regular PAF.   Jon recommends the PG 102s for Semis because they have just a little more mids & low end and not quite as bright (also I don't do the magnet flip).  So they are very clear, more output, and slightly less highs.  I have the the PG 102s in 3 Semis and they are amazing.  Generally, I find Semi guitars are a little brighter than solidbody LP/150s so the PG 102s are perfect for semis. 

Think, PG-102s = HRWs but with more character, less hi-fi, and you hear the wood & character of the guitar.

16 hours ago, Stringman said:

Mine would be the trusy H-576 I'm pictured with in my profile. It is loaded with Seymour Duncan '59 pickups and all thre switch positions are usable. 

Swiss Army knife H-576. For sure. 

I dig what you say. I have a 574!!

On 12/21/2017 at 2:25 PM, ElNumero said:

If you were doing a 24 city 6 state tour and you could only bring ONE Heritage guitar, that's it (other brands for backup OK), which one would it be? My guess is most folks would say their 535 or Prospect. 

Which one would be yours?

OK,  at 24 city tour, eh?   Sounds like I'll be standing a lot, so I'm taking the H140.   Its compact, and light enough.   The Melancon will be the backup for when I can't stand anymore!  That swamp ash is LIGHT!

Second choice is the 535.

Archived