Heritage Owners Club

Tell me about H157 from 1997

Leduke

have you asked the guy selling it for information?

necks were on the thin side in the early '90's, but got thicker as time went on. Not sure where '97 would fall...

Detroitblues is the resident neck profile expert around here, maybe he can chime in ;)

I have a 2003  H157, and the neck measures 0.87 inches at the first fret.  It is very close to  my 87 H140 which measure just a touch under .9 inches.   I find it to be perfectly comfortable.   My 2005 535 and my 525 both measure about .83 inches at the first fret.  They also feel fine.    

Since the necks are rolled individually by hand,  they will vary slightly.  For me,  its not just the thickness, but the profile, which I find very comfortable.   The edges feel more "rolled", which I like.  

10 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Since the necks are rolled individually by hand,  they will vary slightly.  For me,  its not just the thickness, but the profile, which I find very comfortable.   The edges feel more "rolled", which I like.

OK, I understand....

The actual owner don't have the exact neck profile type. He can discribe me but it's hard to discribe, he told me that it is between 59 en 60 Slim Taper.

I open another topic about neck/body jonction lacquer problem.

I have a 1996 H150 that has a Schaller single adjusting screw pick up in the neck position like the one shown.  Also had Schaller bridge and tail piece at one time.

FWIW

Most necks from Heritage for at least the first 20 years are flat, thin D or C shape. Most love them.  I do not.  I mean around .815 give or take .010 or so at the first. They do vary as they were carved by hand.

You may find some examples that were thicker, my guess would be custom orders.

12 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Most necks from Heritage for at least the first 20 years are flat, thin D or C shape. Most love them.  I do not.  I mean around .815 give or take .010 or so at the first. They do vary as they were carved by hand.

You may find some examples that were thicker, my guess would be custom orders.

Thanks, I prefer fat necks...

12 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Archived