Heritage Owners Club

In praise of the H535

JeffGuitar

I've been practicing for the last 6 weeks with a new group that's going to start gigging this spring. We're working on putting together 3 sets worth of covers so I've been doing my homework!

The only guitar I've ever brought to practice is my 535. I have a strat but don't feel the need to bring it. Ditto for my tele. Ditto for my Jr-style P90 offset. Don't get me wrong, I love all my guitars. But the 535 can cover all of the bases I've need it to in pretty convincing fashion. I'm a few months shy of my 1 year anniversary with it, but that guitar is still blowing my mind with how great it sounds and feels, and how versatile it is. I can't wait to start gigging with it! 

Hl8KkGM41IinwTuWiLylFsA5leZuBzkCxZf_E72Qclf61lBRxcd9IwrUbWJYIUQr5Qppv4pH9TxmQKEjrXKihw6uIur2IJOn49K0o4tRoLTMWvyO2V5lJGFvHJ--AjXxzI8GGsG36NgKa1Rwp_G7OA1Tl3wu6qoC6bO0snFfERgBj2-lZkEB_UwaPsV4xqPfWeXlA_iqW-KSWSZl0rN8zVszi8mvgAq1x7Cg9lX3Y730betmF0QPmt8y9d4GwIglHafZpQIuvJKH_xy5ABzMhP80MvkFg0QBnIvTJGGl9mVSevu-T32zX20Py9SNbypSLXIqzF4QFTMwSNxedJmUuZLbX7hTDK4gwOb3ot9rpkN-Bw7fDVPaloSulWhg0_xbHAyj3-dMw0MrbKDe-ao81B-DvfFo7UB8ft3GxxVlJYG2QzSWnGY2odVVlQofGC7ookMDftbEMS0J3AURYSFlw1TNtsaQ2REDGuRDFKxNEUSotI9wscLGzWjnAz24vfnN0dO3olSucrQHy8gsTJp_3Dkj5CXV6sD29M142fr-NPk9QJB9qZEkWmdL-xC3r-SQtmI6zM9m3bwAeEpCLtpyeFga67xmN1ITciE3dRs=w713-h949-no

Last night I took out my Nashville built CS 59 reissue 335 and my 535 for a strum unplugged on the couch. The 335 got 10 minutes, the 535 two hours. FWIW. Not that the 335 is lacking in any way. The op's is very nice, congrats on it.

21 hours ago, JeffGuitar said:

I'm a few months shy of my 1 year anniversary with it, but that guitar is still blowing my mind with how great it sounds and feels, and how versatile it is.

Jeff, what color is this 535?  Almond Burst? 

I have a 535 and love it too.  I like it when you crank it and air comes out of the f-holes.  A couple of buddies have 535s too.

dscf6514_std.jpg

I have never felt air out of F holes,  but I have 3 535's and 2 555's and they are my sweetest sounding guitars without a doubt!

23 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

I have never felt air out of F holes,  but I have 3 535's and 2 555's and they are my sweetest sounding guitars without a doubt!

You ain't doing it right then.   ;)  I use a germanium boost circuit that makes the feedback very controllable.   When it sings the air moves around in there and comes out the f-holes.

13 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

Jeff, what color is this 535?  Almond Burst? 

I have a 535 and love it too.  I like it when you crank it and air comes out of the f-holes.  A couple of buddies have 535s too.

dscf6514_std.jpg

Yes, it is almond sunburst. Here's another picture which shows the color and finish better. 

All three of yours are gorgeous!!!!

EvENZPXtNo11xU8JyU6X8PpPKkJk7npzIXZcWYB1vNsB8zV1wxKJfoGHgfNdFK_I4HJvBkGxgw6hZznLOagPy9xAntzPq5h1qMVTvAIv6ftGuF557aqHuqt8knte_8njNZ7U8ROqG6SuZytg6r_OUp7eHuGCe0ojKK9p2Rv7VVWDjQfbjd6DjNZo2JUkFhkBUC2TkabCDqU08kdNAkCU_M97Lrk_Ago96o0zqMC_t5IhSwdCizbbSHi8fiMUYMhML3jb3pavgch68kxeYmccpJ4EUThf3QUUGW_xmvbIu7ImWymy4UmNyMsDJ8G6V-_t_FBYuNRpULgwSoilH-7NKtj-KudS9dJS_o_okGc3e898eg5h09oQtfbr9RODND_mLsv797nFJ3yBbsufcBo9ZzqWesC_J69K8b_gQoXxeVKaF22kNQSYOBCfrPoW9a8W1lqgjcG2CmIJAnce5rNuOj9CPhesQA_TVW1xaBis67dzJqb269nKn_kFH3MFeR4kyHvO5lBAmUrzve9yvmNBSH9wh-hMyGz2mYl0OizdIqh2PUDkrhd2v9jjD6mxjRnbMbMDTeshljTJPQ3_5sigmEfJKr6fDymxwEwkFQI=w745-h899-no

19 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

You ain't doing it right then.   ;)  I use a germanium boost circuit that makes the feedback very controllable.   When it sings the air moves around in there and comes out the f-holes.

Would that be technically called a "guitarfart"?

8 hours ago, JeffGuitar said:

Yes, it is almond sunburst. Here's another picture which shows the color and finish better. 

All three of yours are gorgeous!!!!

EvENZPXtNo11xU8JyU6X8PpPKkJk7npzIXZcWYB1vNsB8zV1wxKJfoGHgfNdFK_I4HJvBkGxgw6hZznLOagPy9xAntzPq5h1qMVTvAIv6ftGuF557aqHuqt8knte_8njNZ7U8ROqG6SuZytg6r_OUp7eHuGCe0ojKK9p2Rv7VVWDjQfbjd6DjNZo2JUkFhkBUC2TkabCDqU08kdNAkCU_M97Lrk_Ago96o0zqMC_t5IhSwdCizbbSHi8fiMUYMhML3jb3pavgch68kxeYmccpJ4EUThf3QUUGW_xmvbIu7ImWymy4UmNyMsDJ8G6V-_t_FBYuNRpULgwSoilH-7NKtj-KudS9dJS_o_okGc3e898eg5h09oQtfbr9RODND_mLsv797nFJ3yBbsufcBo9ZzqWesC_J69K8b_gQoXxeVKaF22kNQSYOBCfrPoW9a8W1lqgjcG2CmIJAnce5rNuOj9CPhesQA_TVW1xaBis67dzJqb269nKn_kFH3MFeR4kyHvO5lBAmUrzve9yvmNBSH9wh-hMyGz2mYl0OizdIqh2PUDkrhd2v9jjD6mxjRnbMbMDTeshljTJPQ3_5sigmEfJKr6fDymxwEwkFQI=w745-h899-no

Heritage SO got it right with that ebony pickguard. Sleek lines, exhumes quality!

12 hours ago, JeffGuitar said:

Yes, it is almond sunburst.

Here is my HFT-475.  It is close to the same color as the first photo you posted. 

img_7455_std.jpg

H535 ALSB Custom proud owner :-)

BK Butler Tube Drive and Amp Lead ch (Fender Montreux mosfet), I can vary from thin like tone to biting scratchy to full overdrive with it, and interesting is when used coil splitted

fantastic guitar, tonight scrolling FB news I found this:
Image may contain: 1 person, on stage, playing a musical instrument, sitting and guitar

credits: Heritage Guitars Inc.

43 minutes ago, Gianluca said:

H535 ALSB Custom proud owner :-)

BK Butler Tube Drive and Amp Lead ch (Fender Montreux mosfet), I can vary from thin like tone to biting scratchy to full overdrive with it, and interesting is when used coil splitted

fantastic guitar, tonight scrolling FB news I found this:
Image may contain: 1 person, on stage, playing a musical instrument, sitting and guitar

credits: Heritage Guitars Inc.

WOW!!!  Is that DBII?  Sure looks like him and if it is, Heritage should do what ever than can to make a signature model for him.   If Doyle got a signature Heritage that would be the biggest endorser since Kenny Burrell !!!! 

39 minutes ago, Kuz said:

WOW!!!  Is that DBII?  Sure looks like him and if it is, Heritage should do what ever than can to make a signature model for him.   If Doyle got a signature Heritage that would be the biggest endorser since Kenny Burrell !!!! 

Yes indeed that is DBII. You are right. They should land him.

Well, it's been like 4-6 years since DBII was playing with Clapton.... so maybe that endorsement opportunity has passed.

Anyone know how old that picture is?

DBII is known for buying guitars used, so it could be an older Heritage but a more recent picture.  Or maybe it is just an older picture.

Archived