Heritage Owners Club

In praise of the H535

JeffGuitar

19 hours ago, skydog52 said:

Yes indeed that is DBII. You are right. They should land him.

Bramhall II is notable as one of the few guitarists who plays with his instrument strung upside-down. He plays left-handed, but the instrument is strung upside-down with the high E on the top. This unusual arrangement of the strings gives his playing a unique sound, because he bends the strings by pulling them downwards rather than upwards, the customary approach. Others who have bent strings in this direction include Albert King, Eric Gales, Otis Rush, Coco Montoya and the late blues guitarist Jeff Healey who played with his instrument flat on his lap for stability and increased string flexibility

I can be wrong since I didn't dig DBII's but looks like a '90s model ....maybe?

another good one we all probably know already(there are other videos of them as well):

On 1/13/2018 at 9:00 PM, High Flying Bird said:

Jeff, what color is this 535?  Almond Burst? 

I have a 535 and love it too.  I like it when you crank it and air comes out of the f-holes.  A couple of buddies have 535s too.

dscf6514_std.jpg

Bird, I've stated before that chestnut burst is not one of my favorite finishes.  And I've also stated before that your chestnut burst 535 is easily within my top five favorite Heritages!

3 hours ago, yoslate said:

Bird, I've stated before that chestnut burst is not one of my favorite finishes.  And I've also stated before that your chestnut burst 535 is easily within my top five favorite Heritages!

Thank you sir.  I am quite taken with it too.

9 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Cool thread!!

This sexy Seth Lover-loaded goldtop/darkback can do so much, tonally. 

image.thumb.png.968b0f5c21b90c4df3975d5892e68dc8.png

I love it!!! My only change would be to dump the reflector know for some gold (or amber) speed knobs.  But from the body colors to the perfect pickguard, she is a stunner!!!!

14 hours ago, Kuz said:

I love it!!! My only change would be to dump the reflector know for some gold (or amber) speed knobs.  But from the body colors to the perfect pickguard, she is a stunner!!!!

Ha...Thanks, Kuz.

The little amber speed knobs are in the case.  I find the larger diameter reflector knobs 'speedier' when twisting knobs on the fly during performances.

Here's a 'before' shot, just for you.  :)

image.png.8a8ee5c5ed6c159d86fe5cff9d07fcc1.png

2 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Ha...Thanks, Kuz.

The little amber speed knobs are in the case.  I find the larger diameter reflector knobs 'speedier' when twisting knobs on the fly during performances.

Here's a 'before' shot, just for you.  :)

image.png.8a8ee5c5ed6c159d86fe5cff9d07fcc1.png

There you go, or you could split the difference and get some amber (or even gold) "top hat" knobs.  Personally, I prefer the speed knobs over the top-hats, and it's just me, but I think the reflector knobs look cheep.

But it really is a stunner no matter what accessories she is wearing. 

On 13.1.2018 at 5:42 AM, JeffGuitar said:

... Don't get me wrong, I love all my guitars. But the 535 can cover all of the bases I've need it to in pretty convincing fashion. ...

Indeed, I am feeling the same. Love all my other guitars but my H535 I do love the most because it is so versatile.

Archived