Heritage Owners Club

Making A Custom Order Questions

heritagefan7

Owned 555, 150, 574...Sold them all along the way and now wish I had the 555 and 574 back! (the 150 was awesome too!) So, time to think custom order option.....I'm not up on the new ownership do's and don't  Are custom orders still doable? How custom can custom get?

What I'm looking for is a florentine cutaway 16 inch bout SEMI HOLLOW. Always loved the 525--my thought is cross b/w the 525 and the Mimi Fox with a center block. Is this a possibility?

basic approach is 16 lower bout----2.5 to 2.75 rim depth....Balsawood center block....laminate construction---ebony board--block/(possible 555) fretboard inlay single ply binding top and back....bound F holes 24 3/4 scale......sharp florentine cutaway---cutaway at 15th fret at least, but would prefer 16th or 17th fret if poss.....2 HB pups (jazz neck, 59 bridge). This is basic idea. 

I'm not luthier, but these are the wish list specs....

Help....

And of course---any thoughts on ballpark price? I'm sure this is best discussed w/ retailer...

THX ALL so much---Hope to add another H--and will likely never sell this one unless I can't afford groceries...

Roy-Clark-1.pngI would think it would be a relativly simple job for a luthier to adapt this style of guitar to the one you desire ? Quite fancy one myself ! ( Roy Clark model shown )

Based on the OP's description, maybe a custom ordered H525 would fit the bill.  Having a center block semi-hollow construction should be easy-peasy for Heritage.  Mine is full hollow but they certainly knocked it out of the park with all of the options I asked (i.e. paid) for on my H525 Custom. 

And Heritage will drop whatever humbucker p'up in it you desire.  Just work with your favorite Heritage dealer and work up options and pricing.

Here's what Heritage built for me a few years ago...

image.png.2ab7532dce6241ea60bca9a7cb2150fd.png

Just now, Gitfiddler said:

Based on the OP's description, maybe a custom ordered H525 would fit the bill.  Having a center block semi-hollow construction should be easy-peasy for Heritage.  Mine is full hollow but they certainly knocked it out of the park with all of the options I asked (i.e. paid) for on my H525 Custom. 

And Heritage will drop whatever humbucker p'up in it you desire.  Just work with your favorite Heritage dealer and work up options and pricing.

Oh yes---I remember Fiddler---It's BEAUTIFUL---and, I think that I called dibs on it if you ever sold it!!!! I believe it was this guitar that started this desire burning in my gut those many years ago!!!!

Such an amazing guitar!

3 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

So, are you ready to try out the 525?    I'll be down there in a week.   Should I throw the Mille in the car as well?   

(...not that we are enablers!)

Absolutely Rich! Excited to see it--and hang with you! PM me if you will and let me know when and where we can get together. Looking forward to it!

11 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

img_2607_std.jpg

9 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

img_2607_std.jpg

Love that creation Ron, still have it?

Yep, sounds like a 525, 576, or even a 550 would be a very close staring point (and about 1/2 the cost of custom build).  But coming from a guy that did 4 custom builds,  there is something to be said about spec'ing out your own personal build.  But it can get a little pricey. 

17 hours ago, ElNumero said:

Love that creation Ron, still have it?

That is the Guit's guitar.  I called him from Kzoo and got the dealer so I could get pics in the womb. 

Archived