Heritage Owners Club

A WTF Moment

LittleLeroy

10 minutes ago, LittleLeroy said:

So....  are they going to put back all the pages on the website that are useful?  That are now disappeared?  Like "Date Your Heritage" and the page with all the model specs, etc?

:angry9:

Call them and ask

55 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

Call them and ask

Good suggestion!

I just called and spoke with Mr. Ren Wall.  He was pretty much flabbergasted and had no idea they'd changed the site.  He sez it's in the hands of the new owners, so all he can do is ask.  Everyone's at NAMM today.  We'll have to wait and see what they do.

I think they must be doing a full rebuild.   There are only 4 guitars listed,  157,535, 555 and 550.    No Mille's,  no Eagles or Sweet 16s.   And all 4 say "sold out".   

It all sounds like this might have been a little bit of "Not yet ready for prime time"  with the web page.    The "Guitars" tab seems to be going to the Online Shop, not the models page.  Lets call it a work in progress.

Huh, takes you to the shopify cart. Must be a redirect while they redesign. You know, to be honest, they've never quite gotten the hang of a real website for their guitars. Even the new guys, not yet. Maybe the next new one will be something.

8 hours ago, LittleLeroy said:

OK, but how is it that you know and Ren doesn't?  :icon_scratch:

I have been a member of this forum since 2007.  The Heritage web site is the true ghost of 225 Parson's St.  Sometimes you can see it, sometimes you can't.  I got one of the ghost in a group photo in 2010.

img_2690_std.jpg

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

I hope we can all make it through unscathed during these trying times.

Be strong mate.  We have weathered much worse on this right ship. 

18 hours ago, skydog52 said:

Be patient. Changes are coming.

I HEARD THAT THEY FIRED ALL THEIR SALES PEOPLE A NIGHT OR 2 BEFORE THE NAMM SHOW........AFTER COLLECTING ALL OF THEIR MEETING TIMES SCHEDULED WITH PERSPECTIVE BUYERS AT THE SHOW.

WORD ON THE STREETS IS THAT HERITAGE IS GOING TO BE SELLING/DISTRIBUTING THROUGH A FORGIEN (CHINA/JAPAN/EUROPE?) COMPANY

THE CORPORATE MACHINE IS ROLLING....

4 hours ago, brentrocks said:

I HEARD THAT THEY FIRED ALL THEIR SALES PEOPLE A NIGHT OR 2 BEFORE THE NAMM SHOW........AFTER COLLECTING ALL OF THEIR MEETING TIMES SCHEDULED WITH PERSPECTIVE BUYERS AT THE SHOW.

WORD ON THE STREETS IS THAT HERITAGE IS GOING TO BE SELLING/DISTRIBUTING THROUGH A FORGIEN (CHINA/JAPAN/EUROPE?) COMPANY

THE CORPORATE MACHINE IS ROLLING....

... and the rumor mill is a churnin!  :blink:

On 1/26/2018 at 11:20 AM, LittleLeroy said:

Good suggestion!

I just called and spoke with Mr. Ren Wall....   He sez it's in the hands of the new owners

23 hours ago, LittleLeroy said:

OK, but how is it that you know and Ren doesn't?  :icon_scratch:

Ren is an employee of a corporation. He would not know anything about corporate decisions.

Here is the reality, NAMM is the platform for changes... Heritage announced in Fall in a HUGE event their new partnership with Bandlab, who was going to be their new distributor. I expect changes to the product line, updates to pricing and changes to the business model with 2 separate corporations now in the picture.

I could not make NAMM this year, so I will find out everything and how changes will effect me in due process. Changes are inevitable.

Heritage no longer handles distribution and ordering.  I think FIRED is also a harsh way of representing changes to the long term currently active dealers of the Heritage product. 

Those of us who have been here over the years feel a kinship with Heritage.  But it is a new company...a new day...with new people in control.  The founders,  Jim Deurloo, Marv Lamb, JP Moats, Bill Paige, Ren Wall and Mike Korpak did their parts, and we were privileged to see it and be a part of their dream.

Hopefully when the dust settles we will see Heritage Guitar Company continue to grow and become an even greater guitar maker...with a solid sales, marketing and website to match their already fantastic product. 

In the meantime, we outsiders must remain patient and let the new owners do their thing.

image.png.e3f6fa61437471db1412b56f2c37b482.png

38 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

Those of us who have been here over the years feel a kinship with Heritage.  But it is a new company...a new day...with new people in control.  The founders,  Jim Deurloo, Marv Lamb, JP Moats, Bill Paige, Ren Wall and Mike Korpak did their parts, and we were privileged to see it and be a part of their dream.

HEERE HERE BROTHER G.F.

38 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

image.png.e3f6fa61437471db1412b56f2c37b482.png

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:48 PM, DetroitBlues said:

Website seems to be down entirely now, if we are talking about Heritageguitars.com

its actually heritageguitar.com no S in the website name

Yeah, at this point I'd say it was a bit of poor planning, which happens from time to time. The site should have be left static, with info to digest and guitars to ogle, but no commitments inferred...while the new site was built in the background, troubleshot, and then BAM, the addy redirects. No sloppiness.

As it is people may be leaving NAMM excited to digest more data online, and they're met with confusion and limited info. Unfortunate, but not the end of the world.

Here's the thing though. Money has been invested IN Kalamazoo. Investors will want a return. People like Pete Farmer, with his skill and knowledge are out there as the face of the business, and he's also putting his hands into the build process. Guys like Ren Wall and Jim Duerloo (Marv? I don't know his current status) are on payroll answering the phone, and playing a part in the build process of guitars, which immediately puts you in the upper echelon of builders globally. All of that tells me that, at the end of the day, these MF'ers are serious about building guitars on Parsons Street. Give's me solace.

I worked for a small american manufacturer as a machinist. Two young guys bought the business. First thing they did was fire all the salesmen. We were left with zero outside salespeople. Sales went through the roof. Business quintupled in size in 4 years. Just  a case study for you to consider whilst gnashing teeth and wringing hands. 

FWIW, when I spoke with Mr. Wall he told me they won't be changing the way the guitars are made.  I hope he's right. 

What they do need to change, IMHO, is "the world's finest American-made instruments".   They really need to find a better way to express it.  Sounds like they don't want to insult the Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indonesian and Vietnamese who are making instruments for them.

32 minutes ago, kidsmoke said:

Yeah, at this point I'd say it was a bit of poor planning, which happens from time to time. The site should have be left static, with info to digest and guitars to ogle, but no commitments inferred...while the new site was built in the background, troubleshot, and then BAM, the addy redirects. No sloppiness.

As it is people may be leaving NAMM excited to digest more data online, and they're met with confusion and limited info. Unfortunate, but not the end of the world.

Here's the thing though. Money has been invested IN Kalamazoo. Investors will want a return. People like Pete Farmer, with his skill and knowledge are out there as the face of the business, and he's also putting his hands into the build process. Guys like Ren Wall and Jim Duerloo (Marv? I don't know his current status) are on payroll answering the phone, and playing a part in the build process of guitars, which immediately puts you in the upper echelon of builders globally. All of that tells me that, at the end of the day, these MF'ers are serious about building guitars on Parsons Street. Give's me solace.

I worked for a small american manufacturer as a machinist. Two young guys bought the business. First thing they did was fire all the salesmen. We were left with zero outside salespeople. Sales went through the roof. Business quintupled in size in 4 years. Just  a case study for you to consider whilst gnashing teeth and wringing hands. 

So customers just flocked to the door to buy without any outside sales presence? Amazing business model. Maybe more companies should duplicate that (including me for my business)

37 minutes ago, LittleLeroy said:

What they do need to change, IMHO, is "the world's finest American-made instruments".   They really need to find a better way to express it.  Sounds like they don't want to insult the Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indonesian and Vietnamese who are making instruments for them.

Uh ..... what? :huh:

9 minutes ago, tulk1 said:

Uh ..... what? :huh:

https://vulcanpost.com/589375/bandlab-what-you-need-to-know/

as I said, "Sounds like....", which u may interpret as, "Sounds to me like..."  

maybe not other manufacturers, but simply their international customers.  I further suppose that only an American-centric view would say, "the world's finest instruments", leaving out the "American-made" portion.  NAMM, yes!  but these folks are looking way beyond the American market.  

Archived