Heritage Owners Club

NGD, Please Help with Name (and Enjoy the PICS)

RhoadsScholar

Mr. BrentRocks made my day at the last HOC when he agreed to part with this 1989 H150.  It's serial number (March 6th, 1989) is two days before the birth of my twin boys

Jeremy and Jason.  Talk about a birth year guitar, this one almost landed on their birthday.  As luck would have it, a couple years ago I bought a Cream 1989 made the same day.

My son Jason is the proud owner of the Cream 150. I suspect my son Jeremy will soon have this one but I want to name the guitar.  I have narrowed it down to 2 choices.

1. The Day Before Yesterday (my sons being born March 8th, this guitar being born March 6th)

2. The Day After Tomorrow (the guitar being born on this day, and my sons being born the day after tomorrow which would be March 8th)

I know it is corny (but so am I).  Just want to add a nice custom truss rod cover

Which would you choose ?

I have had this being restored since I got it and recently got it back.  

1. Installed HRW Pickups

2. Refretted to get rid of teh NUBS (I hate Nubs) and really like a bigger fret

3. Repaired the binding and drop filled a couple places on the neck

It was in amazing shape when I got it (almost 29 years old).  So here are the pics, nice light weight one piece back, great flame/color Thanks Brent.

h_1989_1.JPG

23 hours ago, RhoadsScholar said:

h_1989_2.JPG

only 2 choices?  Both are too long.  Shorten it to one or two syllables, so she'll learn her name quickly and come when called.  I mean, "hey, the-day-after-tomorrow!" or, "hey, the-day-before-yesterday!"  Really?  How are you gonna fit either of these on a TRC?

How about, "My Sons".  Simple. Elegant. Easy on the tongue.  Fits on the TRC.  

You're welcome! 

Archived