Heritage Owners Club

Edwin Wilson getting involved with Heritage?

Hfan

My favorite.  Still waiting to see if I like the Heritage Headstock.  As the industrial design student has not returned his homework.  
Imagine not wanting to drive a race car because it does not have a Ferrari grill.

Form follows function.............I don't think so in this case.

As a matter of fact, I am going to ask Junior (my Son, who has an Honors Degree in Industrial Design from one of the World's leading Industrial Design Universities).

I'll send him the pics & see what he has to say about it & the reasoning etc.

:cheers2:
I totally agree that it has a negative impact on sales, which is sad indeed.

I'm looking forward to hearing his results. I also have a Takamine and a couple Seagulls, a V and some Fenders with less string splay. I have my opinions of resonance and string feel based on playing them.. however, I'll hold off until science weighs in. -Cheers!

My favorite.  Still waiting to see if I like the Heritage Headstock.  As the industrial design student has not returned his homework.  
Imagine not wanting to drive a race car because it does not have a Ferrari grill.

Form follows function.............I don't think so in this case.

As a matter of fact, I am going to ask Junior (my Son, who has an Honors Degree in Industrial Design from one of the World's leading Industrial Design Universities).

I'll send him the pics & see what he has to say about it & the reasoning etc.

:cheers2:
I totally agree that it has a negative impact on sales, which is sad indeed.

I'm looking forward to hearing his results. I also have a Takamine and a couple Seagulls, a V and some Fenders with less string splay. I have my opinions of resonance and string feel based on playing them.. however, I'll hold off until science weighs in. -Cheers!

I may be the only one here that thinks from my perspective but...  We have sen a lot of changes over the last several years, most of all WAY more mouths to feed within this growing multiple corporate company.

Pre Plaza to me was the Golden Heritage Era, there was HUGE company mojo! I love these guitars... Out the factory door they just needed a great setup man and are work horses.

Plaza Era, saw a lot more employee presence especially in the front end, product price increases, dealer profit margins shrinking , efforts to build a better product and still a product that benefited from a good setup tweak out of the factory box... Any honest dealer will confirm that, there was even a Final adjustment of guitars clause in Dealer agreements. 

I am completely lost as to how the Bandlab Era will effect the brand name moving forward but I see standard products, an extra corporation with a bunch of new expensive faces including a former Gibson Executive, a  "Temporary cease on customization", promises of "Best guitars ever" ETC ETC ETC... As deep as I will get on this at this time with my limited knowledge.

They really should start by restarting "Customization" and then getting the "Custom Shop" going with a hiring of this caliber.  After all this is "The Heritage" that Plaza and Bandlab inherited and the business model every dealer and MOST buyers has relied upon for 30+ years.

Costs are ALWAYS handed down to the consumer, Inflation is always paid by the consumer, Right now Plaza and Bandlab are shelling out big bucks... I suspect we will be paying for it. 

The Bird had some extremely wise words for me at PSP8 about "The Mojo"... I for one cherish my Mojo...

PS.  Spoke to Marv last week, he is doing fine!  I am looking forward to seeing all the guys at PSP11 IF the summer doesn't overwhelm me!   Rock on Heritage and HOC family!

On 2/12/2018 at 8:36 PM, bolero said:

Actually its worth noting that the two most adamant headstock haters in that thread approved of the Bolero H157

A while ago, when I posted a pic on the other LPF, I also had pm's offering to buy it

Want to sell guitars to the conservative crowd, who currently aren't interested?

If I owned a guitar shop I know what I'd be trying to order

I also admire the original headstock though!

Its great that we had the custom options at Heritage to build our own dream instruments. This H157 replaced a 57 RI LPC I once owned. And it "owns" the Gibson ;)

Hopefully we will be able to custom order again, soon

Best of luck to Edwin, I hope they give him a nice welcome back to where it all started

I actually looked in the MLP thread to see yours, as I hadn't seen it before.  That looks fantastic.  I personally have no issue with the standard headstock but I wouldn't complain if they switched to that version for future 157s (which they hopefully bring back around) or as an option altogether.  

22 hours ago, greatmutah2112 said:

I actually looked in the MLP thread to see yours, as I hadn't seen it before.  That looks fantastic.

thanks Great Mutah!!

buzzy, seems like a very civil discussion to me....we are all concerned about Heritage and the future. Only natural to discuss it here ??

Archived