Heritage Owners Club

Tailpiece Replacment Suggestions

Besty

Thinking about changing my H-150 tailpiece it currently has a stock Schaller. I was thinking a Tonepros standard zinc but then the Lightweight Alluminum caught my eye, does anyone have ideas. Thanks

I just went with a standard Gotoh tail piece which was like $20 and supposedly the same as the tone pros except for one feature that honestly I can't remember, it's been a while. Maybe the set screw locking. Some members have installed Faber tails with supposedly good results. The Schaller is a nice piece of hardware but the look always bugged me.

10 minutes ago, notbillgelder said:

:icon_thumleft:

TonePros unequivocally. They have set screws which are good and don't look goofy. Standard equipment on Heritages and other fine guitars. 

14 hours ago, ElNumero said:

TonePros unequivocally. They have set screws which are good and don't look goofy. Standard equipment on Heritages and other fine guitars. 

man, you just gotta poke the bear. I think you just like a good row....:boxing:  :whip2:

12 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

man, you just gotta poke the bear. I think you just like a good row....:boxing:  :whip2:

Sometimes the Bear has to ignore the little fly buzzing around him....

The thing that I think is amazing (and ignorant) is how some people will recommend, emphatically, one product when they never tried the others.  I have used Gotoh, Schaller, Tonepro, Gibson Historic, Callaham, Resomax,  Faber, and vintage bridges & stoptails.  So my opinion is based on my experience trying all these products.   It is ONLY my opinion, but at least I have experience with all these products.  

Faber is my first choice, with Callaham a very close second.  

Again, only my opinion.

9 hours ago, Kuz said:

Sometimes the Bear has to ignore the little fly buzzing around him....

The thing that I think is amazing (and ignorant) is how some people will recommend, emphatically, one product when they never tried the others.  I have used Gotoh, Schaller, Tonepro, Gibson Historic, Callaham, Resomax,  Faber, and vintage bridges & stoptails.  So my opinion is based on my experience trying all these products.   It is ONLY my opinion, but at least I have experience with all these products.  

Faber is my first choice, with Callaham a very close second.  

Again, only my opinion.

:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

Archived