Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H-158 Millenneum

Cajun2

Hello everyone, 

I have an H-158 arriving today (online purchase). I have had many Heritage guitars - (2) 535s, (2) 140s, (2) 150s, (1) 157, (1) 170, (1) Stat. I will post pix after it arrives. Can I get some help on the 158? There isn't much posted online. My understanding is that it is the laminate version of the Millenneum, and the solid version with all of the bling is a totally diffferent model (155?). I am good with it being laminate like the 535, and we'll see how it feels and sounds. 

Can you all fill in the blanks? There isn't much online about this model. Appreciate anything and everything!  

I have a 158 that I bought online about 2 years ago. It's a really nice instrument. I wanted a Millie without all the bling. This is perfect for me. The only mod I did was to replace the pickups with a set of Sheptone A4 Tributes and replace the wiring harness because some of the pots were worn out. 

I also had a hard time finding any info about it. I talked to Pete Farmer about it at the last PSP. He told me that a lot of them were made. Apparently people tend to hold onto them because they rarely come up for sale. It's a great little semi with a body that's slightly larger than a 150.

Here are pictures of my 158. 

I had one. Loved it. Still not sure why I moved it on. Mine had the piezo bridge, which designated it as an SAE, but it was still a 158. The laminate means nothing. Especially Heritage laminates. What you have coming is basically a small semi-hollow guitar. I think Pete was wrong in that they made a lot of them. Mr. Marv told me at PSPI that they made very few of them, as it was an experiment before they decided on the current Millie builds. Either way, it's a rather "rare" Heritage as yeah, few come up for sale. Here's a couple of the one I had. 

DSCF1985.jpg.f7ee21cc9d2da217c24ac22070339acd.jpg

DSCF1991.jpg.5e02886477121abfbd48d9ca31604730.jpg

NGD - it arrived and very happy with it. I bought it off of a Guitar Center listing, and the pictures on their site were not that good (didn't show the condition or the flame maple). I called the salesman, and tried to get a description, and it wasn't very accurate (he undersold it - but I bought it anyway). Exceeds my expectations. So here goes, followed by pix as promised. First off, it was a Jay Wolfe guitar, which is always good (he seems to get their best). Also - this one had Seth Lovers installed day one (on the Heritage certificate). Neck is about medium, and frets in really good condition. Nice piece of wood covering the truss rod, and the truss rod is a bullet style (never seen that on a Heritage!). Also - look at the serial number - the X is above the number. I've always seen their letters next to the numbers. 

Yet another really nice Heritage guitar, I will probably keep this one! I have been looking for something like this. I love the 535s but didn't like the larger bodies on them. I tried a Gibson ES-339, and the neck was way too small on that (the fret space on upper register is really ridiculous). This is kind of in between, and very happy it was loaded with Seth Lovers (like the best 535s). Plus - I got it for a crazy good price... Very happy indeed! Here come the pix! 

IMG_1012.JPG

Nice finish on yours, thanks for sharing! So far I love it, and it sounds great unplugged.  Not all of the semi-hollow or hollow body electrics I have owned sounded good acoustically (I loved my 535s, but they didn't sound great unplugged to my ear). 

Archived