Heritage Owners Club

Change at Heritage Guitar

ElNumero

I heard that some employees were let go. Any truth to this or is it simply rumor?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And, G creditors want Henry OUT as part of any restructuring of debt.  Any connection between the two? Time will tell. 

8 minutes ago, notbillgelder said:

I talk to people on the inside. They let all the old "Heritage" guitar builder go. Very sad day indeed. 

If it's true, that is sad.  Wasn't having the old craftsmen building guitars in the old factory a big part of The Heritage brand?  Lots of boutique builders out there now.  Tough to imagine what their marketing angle is going to be without them.

1 hour ago, notbillgelder said:

I don't know why, or what the reasoning is, I only know a lot of my friends are out of a job.

Sounds like the work of corporate bean counters. I hope they are not heading in the same direction as when CBS bought Fender... 

I think I may have posted this before but it's possible we wont even recognize Heritage Inc is a little while. 

All I can say is that I'm glad that I got my custom built when I did.. (and I'm not selling any heritages ever)

2 minutes ago, CJTopes said:

All I can say is that I'm glad that I got my custom built when I did.. (and I'm not selling any heritages ever)

Got my six. Still there may be good news at the end of this.  Still sad to see a changing of the guard.

10 minutes ago, mars_hall said:

Calm down and enough of the name calling.

That path can't end good and it just skews things wrong for everyone involved here. 

Let the truth of what happened come out and decide for yourself, not the group around you.

Sage advice.   Interested to hear what happened and where it's headed.

Let's not blame Meng. He may have not had all of the information. Employees only know what management tells them. And this is not the type of news that management spreads. We know that people got let go. But we don't know all of the circumstances.

You don't have to tour the factory to have a good time in Kzoo.  This forum was always about friendship.  They can't layoff friendship. 

Hey guys, 

It's always easy to share an update when there is good news, but that's not reality. Today was not an easy day and I want to make sure we as Heritage management can address this respectfully and transparently so you guys know what is going on. 

I am about to go out of cell service for 4 hours but want to make sure before I get cut off that you know you will be getting a proper update here as soon as I land and can get a connection. I'm really sorry to make you wait and will be right back.

HOC crew, remember about common sense.  Wait and see.  Don't get yer panties in a bunch.  Right now, if you don't work there you don't know the whole story...don't spead useless gossip...keep the faith.  Bumps in the short term, better for the long.  Shit happens.  Flexibility and adaptability are what keeps a worker competitive in today's environment.  External forces to a company have more effect than the old days. 

In the mean time, if you have the resources, stock up as much as possible on what you can afford to what they aren't gonna make for the next few months.  Supply and demand will reward in the medium and longer term for sure.  

Archived