Heritage Owners Club

2016 H535 Question

Budha

The H535 I bought new, from Wolfe over the phone) in the last month has a serial number indicating a finish date of March 21, 2016.  This is my first Heritage.  I had always heard great things about Heritage and Wolfe.  I really looked forward to getting in a position of owning an H535.  Suddenly I am reading about all of the turmoil with the new ownership a Heritage and QC problems in the past.

I am very happy with the new H535.  I would not trade it for the most expensive new Gibson 335.  I have corrected a few very minor issues but I always expect to do some minor tweaks on any new instrument.  Gibson 335's I laid hands on appeared to need serious work to get them up to the quality standard of my H535.

I could have bought a number of other 535's from Wolfe, for less money, with build dates after the sale of Heritage.  I know this may seem like a stupid question but is there a down side buying an H535 before the new owners took over?  Has there been an unusually high number of problems, in the past, with Heritage neck tenon joints?  I apologize if my questions seem stupid.  I am not a guitar expert as I know many of you are.   

Congratulations on your new guitar!  I doubt you have anything at all to worry about except to enjoy the heck out of it, and maybe post some pictures so we can get a good look.  It's always great to ask experts for advice, but in the end the only expert you can really rely on is yourself.

1 hour ago, Budha said:

is there a down side buying an H535 before the new owners took over?  

No

The only meaningful opinion is yours.  If it feels good and sounds good to you, then nothing else matters.

Maybe you could buy another, newer guitar.  You know, you really need it  .  .  .  as a back up or for comparison or just because.

You are right that I am the only one who needs to be happy and I am.  Buying this guitar is a big financial deal to me.  I am happy with the guitar and should quit reading about all of the turmoil at Heritage and Heritage QC before and after the sale of the company.  I tried a number of Gibson 335 and my amateur eye could easily see the QC and workmanship issues with the 335's i held in my hands when shopping.   Ignorance is bliss.

You are right that I am the only one who needs to be happy and I am.  Buying this guitar is a big financial deal to me.  I am happy with the guitar and should quit reading about all of the turmoil at Heritage and Heritage QC before and after the sale of the company.  I tried a number of Gibson 335 and my amateur eye could easily see the QC and workmanship issues with the 335's i held in my hands when shopping.   Ignorance is bliss.

Relax you bought a historical guitar either way. There the real deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Budha said:

... is there a down side buying an H535 before the new owners took over? 
...Has there been an unusually high number of problems, in the past, with Heritage neck tenon joints?  

NO. and NO... The golden ERA builds may need a little more setup, Generation 2 owners made some nice standard upgrades that Dealers like myself and Jay would order in our build.  I think it is a big mistake and a slap in the face for Gen.3 owners to talk like the guitars in the past are excessively flawed(Not true).
One really nice fallback feature in buying from Jay, he offers a discounted PLEK for an extended period if you want to get more out of your guitar, or if a problem arises... Also getting everything your guitar can offer is Nothing your local luthier cannot do just as well by the way and it is well worth the investment.

Enjoy that guitar. I am sure you got a great one!

10 hours ago, Millennium Maestro said:

NO. and NO... The golden ERA builds may need a little more setup, Generation 2 owners made some nice standard upgrades that Dealers like myself and Jay would order in our build.  I think it is a big mistake and a slap in the face for Gen.3 owners to talk like the guitars in the past are excessively flawed(Not true).
One really nice fallback feature in buying from Jay, he offers a discounted PLEK for an extended period if you want to get more out of your guitar, or if a problem arises... Also getting everything your guitar can offer is Nothing your local luthier cannot do just as well by the way and it is well worth the investment.

Enjoy that guitar. I am sure you got a great one!

Thank you.  I appreciate and value what you have shared.

Archived