Heritage Owners Club

Custom Creations From Heritage

skydog52

37 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

H575 Custom (HRW,s and 'Reversed' Choice Woods)

image.png.29dc47ce204b82f3b5a7978db4f342ab.png

What a Beautiful Wood Package. Well played!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

lCZnPDlh.jpg

Hey Yoop, I remember when I was looking for a Gibson L5s, I considered having a guitar like your's built because they have a similar vibe! I was wondering if the Heritage guys would do the cupid bow like on my Firebirst? And I gotta wonder if any of the Heritage guys had a hand in building my L5s, as they were still working for Gibson when both of mine were made!!!

ZO9w64d.jpg?1

Now that I see the L5 to to the Millie, I realized where the inspiration came from.  Very, very similar.

Dan, I'm sure that Heritage will eventually be able to make a Millie like you want... Eventually is the key word though.

Custom, we got custom. Started in 2014 and finished in 2015. Too much to list as custom hereabout I'll try.

Gold GraphTech bridge, Gold Sperzel tuners, Gold Doyle Coils Humbucking pickups, Quilted Bigleaf Maple back with a Mahogny center strip, Sitka Spruce top, Spruce center block, 5-piece neck, Ebony fingerboard with 4mm pearl dot markers, bone nut, Transparent stinger (Ghost Stinger), RS Guitarworks electronics, 550 style bound Ebony pick guard, and Eagle and The Heritage pearl inlaid Ebony headstock. But the most customest thing about this Prospect is that the body is perfectly flat, not arched.

Khgo2RK.jpg

enLGdug.jpg

JdVmVdB.jpg

xzUMSRK.jpg

hWuTs2V.jpg

9kYnpXl.jpg

HXvXua9.jpg

46 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Now that I see the L5 to to the Millie, I realized where the inspiration came from.  Very, very similar.

Dan, I'm sure that Heritage will eventually be able to make a Millie like you want... Eventually is the key word though.

Oh that ship has sailed DB, I found two Gibson L5s guitars and that's what I really wanted to begin with. The reason I was looking at Millies, is because when I first started looking, I couldn't find an L5s, and the Millie has a lot of the same design aesthetic, although they are a very diferent guitar! The Millie is semi-hollow whereas the L5s is solid maple. It literally took about 5 years to finds my first L5s, and then strangely, I found the other two weeks later! I bought two because I wanted to see if the trapeze style tailpiece sounded different than the stoptail version did. And they sounded so different I decided to keep both, which hurt, because they both cost more than I ever spent on any guitar! 

If I was to buy another Heritage (I still have my two H150s), it would most likely be an archtop, something with the Gibson scale length as I can't get along with the longer scale lengths.

On 3/1/2018 at 4:34 PM, skydog52 said:

With all this talk that Customs will be, won't be available. Let's see some of yours. 

I'll start.

ElDiablo.jpg

This looks like some kind of devil guitar (in a good way) ... needs a pitchfork on it somewhere.. 

On 3/2/2018 at 11:46 AM, pressure said:

Custom, we got custom. Started in 2014 and finished in 2015. Too much to list as custom hereabout I'll try.

Gold GraphTech bridge, Gold Sperzel tuners, Gold Doyle Coils Humbucking pickups, Quilted Bigleaf Maple back with a Mahogny center strip, Sitka Spruce top, Spruce center block, 5-piece neck, Ebony fingerboard with 4mm pearl dot markers, bone nut, Transparent stinger (Ghost Stinger), RS Guitarworks electronics, 550 style bound Ebony pick guard, and Eagle and The Heritage pearl inlaid Ebony headstock. But the most customest thing about this Prospect is that the body is perfectly flat, not arched.

Khgo2RK.jpg

There are so many beautiful pieces posted.

Richard, if you bring this beauty to PSP, I may work up the courage to ask you if I can play her this year. B)

On 3/1/2018 at 5:35 PM, LittleLeroy said:

That body looks very thin!  Is it? or just an illusion from the angle of the pic?  Very nicely spec'd!

It’s a 147.  So yes, it’s thinner, they haven’t made them in many years.

unless you want to shell out some serious coin..

5 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

It’s a 147.  So yes, it’s thinner, they haven’t made them in many years.

unless you want to shell out some serious coin..

Thanks for the reply.  I got a laugh from your last sentence.  As if I haven't been shelling out some serious coin already!  I'm pretty certain any 147 I might ever own won't be coming from Kuok Meng Ru.

5 hours ago, LittleLeroy said:

Thanks for the reply.  I got a laugh from your last sentence.  As if I haven't been shelling out some serious coin already!  I'm pretty certain any 147 I might ever own won't be coming from Kuok Meng Ru.

I’m just saying the pricing for custom orders will probably rival Gibson...

19 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

I’m just saying the pricing for custom orders will probably rival Gibson...

That 147 is 1/8 of an inch thicker than standard but has a belly cut. The body is not as wide or long as a 150.  There is about a half inch extra space in the case.  I wanted lowest weight.  Marv picked the lightest korina body wood and it has a maple cap. 

Who knows when they will build a 155 again or anything with ebony or deluxe binding much less a custom discontinued model. Time will tell.

Archived