Heritage Owners Club

Custom Creations From Heritage

skydog52

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DavesNotHere said:

I don't think it was Three of a Perfect Pair, but I'm fairly certain it was part of the next set Marv started. Mine wound up finishing about a month behind Chis' due the custom inlays.  I couldn't pick mine up until the end of May or early June, and I remember seeing your baby either when I picked up mine or at PSP that year. I've developed CRS syndrome :pardon_mini:. Was it originally made for Guitarbean? 

I don't know the whole back story on the paint supplier, but apparently Heritage's source only had Pelham blue available in spray cans, and for years Marv refused to a "rattle can" finish.  So when I saw this one in the shop I asked him if he found a new source for the paint and he just nonchalantly said "No, I used a rattle can" So go figure, I guess GB got him on a good day B) 

I do clearly remember your Mille in the shop. I'll never forget that beauty mark. After I picked out the wood for the 150, Marv and I walked through the finishing area looking for inspiration. When I saw your Mille my jaw dropped. For quite a while that was going to be the finish on my 150. I have yet to see a photo that really does that finish justice.

That thing is spectacular!

What are the pups in your 357? Are they P92s?

Señor Guitarbean had this one made with P92 pups, but he didn't really like them.  At the moment she has TVJones Supertrons and a psychedelic PG.

FrontInCase-v1-Web.jpg

6 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

I love that guitar, headstock looks great!

Yes, we ALL love that 157 Black Beauty Eagle, but the owner stubbornly refuses to consider selling or trading it.  (Smart fellow)  :)

7 hours ago, DavesNotHere said:

I don't think it was Three of a Perfect Pair, but I'm fairly certain it was part of the next set Marv started. Mine wound up finishing about a month behind Chis' due the custom inlays.  I couldn't pick mine up until the end of May or early June, and I remember seeing your baby either when I picked up mine or at PSP that year. I've developed CRS syndrome :pardon_mini:. Was it originally made for Guitarbean? 

I don't know the whole back story on the paint supplier, but apparently Heritage's source only had Pelham blue available in spray cans, and for years Marv refused to a "rattle can" finish.  So when I saw this one in the shop I asked him if he found a new source for the paint and he just nonchalantly said "No, I used a rattle can" So go figure, I guess GB got him on a good day B) 

I do clearly remember your Mille in the shop. I'll never forget that beauty mark. After I picked out the wood for the 150, Marv and I walked through the finishing area looking for inspiration. When I saw your Mille my jaw dropped. For quite a while that was going to be the finish on my 150. I have yet to see a photo that really does that finish justice.

That thing is spectacular!

What are the pups in your 357? Are they P92s?

She actually has two beauty marks - one is hidden by the Bigsby!  A close up...

beautymark2.jpg

To answer LLs questions. The spruce Millie is not light, in the mid 7 lb range, because the spruce top is thicker than you might think, about 3/8". I did have Marv move the bridge pickup away from the bridge and closer to the neck about 1/2". The neck joins the body at the 19th fret. The pickup rings are black now, the way I designed it.

17 hours ago, LittleLeroy said:

Thanks Dave!  It's a blessing.

I'm wondering if this one was made when Chris and yours were made, or if it's the "twin" of someone else's.

P.S.  it seems every MarvBird owner thinks they have the largest neck! LOL!  We'll have to start a competition and really measure them at the nut and 12th fret (on the fret with strings off).  Got your micrometer handy?  ;-)

3.jpg

2.jpg

PSP 2013

IMAG4656

100_0468_zps206d399c100_0463_zpsdd304d33

2 hours ago, Millennium Maestro said:

Looks like the center seem is off... Get out the saw!   Or selli it to the Maestro.

Umm...Center seem looks fine to me, Guy.  :booty:

But you are welcome to play it anytime you are in my neck of the woods.  :icon_thumleft:

Just now, LittleLeroy said:

Ooooh!!  and  Ahhhh!  such class!  Is that a one piece top or book-matched? 

It’s not mine, but I had a lot of input.

I believe it is a one piece top and back.

non-chambered.

Five piece highly flamed maple neck

huge fat neck profile, 58 baseball bat shape.

stinger

split block lnlays 

multi-ply binding

cupids bow

Electronics were different.  Unique wiring harness and expensive pickups..

Vintage Wineburst

From July 28th 2014 a Fab Heritage H170.

Flame Maple top, contoured Spruce back with a Mahogany center stripe. 5-piece Maple/Mahogany neck, Bone nut, Ebony fretboard with 4mm pearl markers, NO NIBS (i forgot to mention that on the last 2 custom builds), cream binding, Ghost stinger, Nickle Schaller Da Vinci tuners, Nickel GraphTech bridge/tailpiece, ThroBak p90 pickups, 1 volume, 1 tone and 1 3-way switch and a custom burst color, custom neck carve by Mr. Marv Lamb.

DR9nvyG.jpg

MzYipIk.jpg

b5R3Sgm.jpg

RQHxU1Q.jpg

Jf4st3r.jpg

gMv7NQ7.jpg

DjnIEXl.jpg

2012 Millennium Ultra Pro, spec'd by Paul of Green Oak fame.  Bare Knuckle Stormy Monday pups sound great in this guitar.  Transparent Orange finish, Locking Grovers, 5-piece Neck, Bone Nut, Ebony f-board with big block inlays, Stinger, Mahogany Back and Sides, Maple top, sans F holes.  Superb!

FrontWall1_100%25.jpgfullfront2.jpgFullback1jpgHdstkBack1.jpgNeckback2.jpg

Archived