skydog52

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, LittleLeroy said:

What is this gorgeous creation?

????@PSP.jpg

The guitar or the girl? LOL
That would be Sheway with what appears to be an employee built guitar, I met her last summer at PSP and she was really nice , helping me with a few things personally... It really saddened me to know that she is a casualty of the terminations.

Shaway is cool lady. Musician to boot. 

That is one of Arnie's guitars - he calls it Frankenstein. Perhaps a prototype for a future "Ember" offering? I'd definitely look at any guitar that Arnie took a design role in producing. That dude had some very creative solutions, and his guitars were always tight. Anybody else remember the wood control cover that was held to the body with rare earth magnets? Looking at the back you saw the seam of the cover, but NO hardware at all. Just a pick under the edge would remove it but it wouldn't fall off, even with some pretty violent shaking. 

9 hours ago, Millennium Maestro said:

The guitar or the girl? LOL
That would be Sheway with what appears to be an employee built guitar, I met her last summer at PSP and she was really nice , helping me with a few things personally... It really saddened me to know that she is a casualty of the terminations.

LOL!  Well, I was referring to the guitar...

9 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

Shaway is cool lady. Musician to boot. 

That is one of Arnie's guitars - he calls it Frankenstein. Perhaps a prototype for a future "Ember" offering? I'd definitely look at any guitar that Arnie took a design role in producing. That dude had some very creative solutions, and his guitars were always tight. Anybody else remember the wood control cover that was held to the body with rare earth magnets? Looking at the back you saw the seam of the cover, but NO hardware at all. Just a pick under the edge would remove it but it wouldn't fall off, even with some pretty violent shaking. 

Yes, that is a stand-out, even among all the cool beauties in that picture.  I wonder if it is based on the Millennium platform with a solid rim and carved top?  I love the shape and appointments.  It's encouraging to see that's one of Arnie's.  I would also be interested in seeing his product.  But, if they get "Embers" going Arnie should not name any guitars! LOL!  

11 hours ago, pressure said:

Fab Millie LL. Love a 5-piece neck with a stinger on a Millie.

Thanks pressure!  Of course, it's Paul who ordered it like that.  All I did was buy it from him! LOL!  She is really a superb player.  I fall in love again every time I pick her up.  A nice weight, too at 7lbs 10oz.

On 3/14/2018 at 9:35 PM, buzzy said:

A Millie custom made that I nabbed when I got the chance.

Sometimes I feel a bit guilty for not playing it every day.

IMG_0707.JPG

I remember that crazy great grain on that top. Nice!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, GASguy said:

This has been seen here before, but it now lives with me.

912D2D17-DCF1-4C6E-8AA5-6B77EED04AED.thumb.jpeg.8f7bdf09e22f19832eb706d73d77f6bf.jpeg5576E9D1-BDBD-4FD5-B639-92E892DA9844.thumb.jpeg.4d1f456b3ac66397a5d4131638132d84.jpegC871E9CF-D502-4D18-B90E-84E8CDF4BACC.thumb.jpeg.5fad0be836a96f64e45cedbc78f13561.jpeg

I was just talking about that one that got away. Misssing.........

It used to be that all Heritage guitars were "custom" because they would build them any way you wanted them built. But even this guitar would have been a stretch because it has a combination of different models in the same guitar. So I just call it my H-150 Custom Quilt.

The bound head stock would be a feature you would see in a Deluxe, but because the binding is "singly ply", that is more typical of a standard model of H150.
The quilt top is a huge upgrade. The Ebony fingerboard you see here is what you would find on a H157, not an H150.

It's a mix of different cool features you don't normally see combined on the same guitar, so that's why I call it a "custom". As soon as it went up for sale, I made sure to buy it before that poor guy realized how stupid he was for letting it go. (hahahah just kidding Brent)

(Photos part 1)

Heritage_H150-Custom_2776x1.jpg

Archived