Heritage Owners Club

NPUD, 30th Anniversary

Yooper

Congratulations on 30 years!

I put Throbaks in my H140 and it is easily the best-sounding Les Paul-style guitar I’ve ever heard. That is, when someone else is playing it, I mean ... [emoji57]

Colm

On 3/3/2018 at 8:02 PM, Yooper said:

This is where they are going.

YYRwRg2h.jpg

Man, that looks a lot like an H-535 to me..

Congratulations Yooper!  She must be a good one if you've kept her this long (the wife, I mean).

And it's great to see Dan back!

Thanks to all.

I may have been a bit lucky in life, but even the best and longest marriages take some work at times. She is indeed the good one, to have put up with me all these years.

Daniel,

A song for her is a great suggestion. Working title is "My Sugar Mama".  Hmm. Maybe something more romantic would be a good idea.

But those pickups! Man! After I learned Jon has them in his 535, I decided to take the leap of faith. They have met all expectations. 

I still love Seths, and have them in another semi-hollow, but these offer a similar vibe, although with more mids, mellower highs, and a full, clean bass. This makes the 535 a nice versatile classic rock/blues machine, AND a decent imitation of a jazz box. Just what I wanted.

My perfect 535 has now arrived. It sounds as sweet as she looks.

"As Sweet As She Looks". How's that for a song instead of "My Sugar Mama"?

1 hour ago, Yooper said:

Thanks to all.

I may have been a bit lucky in life, but even the best and longest marriages take some work at times. She is indeed the good one, to have put up with me all these years.

Daniel,

A song for her is a great suggestion. Working title is "My Sugar Mama".  Hmm. Maybe something more romantic would be a good idea.

But those pickups! Man! After I learned Jon has them in his 535, I decided to take the leap of faith. They have met all expectations. 

I still love Seths, and have them in another semi-hollow, but these offer a similar vibe, although with more mids, mellower highs, and a full, clean bass. This makes the 535 a nice versatile classic rock/blues machine, AND a decent imitation of a jazz box. Just what I wanted.

My perfect 535 has now arrived. It sounds as sweet as she looks.

"As Sweet As She Looks". How's that for a song instead of "My Sugar Mama"?

Much better title Yoop:) Persoanlly I love Throbak pickups, but currently don't have them in any of my guitars. Hey didn't you trade your eagle (the one I wanted to trade for my ES330) for an ES335? Or did you send that one down the line?

28 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

Much better title Yoop:) Persoanlly I love Throbak pickups, but currently don't have them in any of my guitars. Hey didn't you trade your eagle (the one I wanted to trade for my ES330) for an ES335? Or did you send that one down the line?

I got the wine red H535 in a deal for the Eagle. Hated to part with it, but when it comes down to it, having a guitar that I actually play more is what matters. I never quite bonded with flat-wounds on a longer scale. LOVED the sound, though. 

Now I LOVE the sound of the 535 with ER Customs. 

23 minutes ago, Yooper said:

I got the wine red H535 in a deal for the Eagle. Hated to part with it, but when it comes down to it, having a guitar that I actually play more is what matters. I never quite bonded with flat-wounds on a longer scale. LOVED the sound, though. 

Now I LOVE the sound of the 535 with ER Customs. 

how could you not like it:)

Archived