Heritage Owners Club

NEBGD

LittleLeroy

New Employee Build Guitar Day!

Well, today wasn't THE day.  The NEBGD was really January 11th, 2018, but Big Bob insisted I hold off 'cause he knew he shouldn't be selling employee built guitars (or something to that effect).  So I agreed to keep it on the QT.  But then he posted this http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/32984-a-confession-to-ease-my-conscience/  so, with his  tacit permission, I'm going ahead with this NEBGD post.  

As you know employee built guitars are rare and that partially accounts for the $8k price tag on this one.  I think the real reason for the high price is the fact that she was built by that very famous woodworker and Heritage employee, Jesus, and she was His prototype for later builds.  Or at least that's what Big Bob told me at the time.  He didn't really want to sell, so I enlisted the aid of another HOC member, NOTBILLGELDER to help with the final details.

It was a sticky transaction due to Big Bob's having modified the original with a home-made pickguard and truss rod cover:

image2.jpeg

which he refused to remove, but which - fortunately - NOTBILLGELDER fancied.  So they became NOTBILLGELDER's commission for his help in negotiating and finessing this delicate deal.

Big Bob sent her to me in a Gibson Firebird case with a shroud and on opening the case I found the shroud had somehow been imbued with an impression and detailed likeness of the instrument.  Holy Grail indeed!  I'm sorry to say for some unknown reason I could not get a decent photograph of the shroud.  Sorry to disappoint! 

So here I present her to you in all her original glory: H-357 AB31705 completed on or about February 17th, 2011.

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

Well, it's About time that she got a respectable pickguard.

Congrats

Damn that's nice, congrats.

One hell of price tag too! I've been to cash america about 1,000 times and still have not run into a fabled 357 or marvbird. But, I figure if I stop into as many pawners as I can one day...one day.....one day..... 

Archived