Heritage Owners Club

Hard To Believe....?

LittleLeroy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time i go to a guitar show, jazz or bluegrass show, or go anywhere there are guitar players, there seems to be a measuring contest wherein there are oodles of licks and showoff routines, but no one seems to play an entire tune, with a bridge thrown in there. Too much competitiveness when it comes to musical repair knowledge, as well. The guy who does work on my guitars treats me with respect, and shows me his secrets, instead of treating me as some kind of rival. I wish more people in the musical world were like him. I just like to play music, not show off technique or what little knowledge I've attained. Just my 2 cents.- Charles Bevell

On 4/10/2018 at 11:54 PM, unikh550 said:

Every time i go to a guitar show, jazz or bluegrass show, or go anywhere there are guitar players, there seems to be a measuring contest wherein there are oodles of licks and showoff routines, but no one seems to play an entire tune, with a bridge thrown in there. Too much competitiveness when it comes to musical repair knowledge, as well.

If you look at a band as a team you will see little team play with musicians. 

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:32 AM, High Flying Bird said:

If you look at a band as a team you will see little team play with musicians. 

Unless you are the Allmans or the Dead!

At guitar shows as well as guitar stores.  I just hate to go into a guitar store and have to listen to someone playing distortion at a volume of an outdoor event.  I could never work at Guitar Center or Sam Ash,  I'd go home with a headache after work every day.

Archived