Heritage Owners Club

What does SM mean?

alanjohnlew

My wife's 65th birthday present to me was this 1999 H-170cm. As you can see it has 2 volume and 2 tone controls and the neck has H-355 style markers. The hang tag say it's a H-170cmsm, although the label on the back of the control panel says  H-170cm. So, what does the SM stand for? The guitar is a real beauty, plays wonderfully and certainly doesn't look 19 years old. Serial no. P10305.

Untitled1.jpg

1 hour ago, alanjohnlew said:

My wife's 65th birthday present to me was this 1999 H-170cm. As you can see it has 2 volume and 2 tone controls and the neck has H-355 style markers. The hang tag say it's a H-170cmsm, although the label on the back of the control panel says  H-170cm. So, what does the SM stand for? The guitar is a real beauty, plays wonderfully and certainly doesn't look 19 years old. Serial no. P10305.

Untitled1.jpg

Congratulations! That is really pretty, a nice specimen. I just wish my wife would by me presents on her birthday like your wife did for you!!! 

I hope my wife gives me one of these on her 65th birthday. Both she and the guitar are keepers.

7 hours ago, ElNumero said:

My wife's 65th birthday present to me

I hope my wife gives me one of these on her 65th birthday. Both she and the guitar are keepers.

Yes- SM is for Stag Mag. I remember having this beauty made, and I CONGRATULATE you on acquiring her. It's a one-off custom. Heritage teamed with Seymour Duncan to promote his new (at the time) Stag Mag pickups in their H170CM model - which were versatile pickups & sounded really good.

2 minutes ago, jaywolfe said:

Yes- SM is for Stag Mag. I remember having this beauty made, and I CONGRATULATE you on acquiring her. It's a one-off custom. Heritage teamed with Seymour Duncan to promote his new (at the time) Stag Mag pickups in their H170CM model - which were versatile pickups & sounded really good.

Thanks Jay. I'm in the UK. It appeared on ebay for an opening bid of £1249. No one bid. The seller was a dealer in vintage and upmarket acoustics, I presume this was a part exchange. I bought it through his website for the said £1249. It really is almost like new. Anything else you can tell me about it's history?

4 hours ago, Millennium Maestro said:

I own a 150 with the same knob configuration in a VIP2 system, kinda cool having the toggle a simple flip away  from the pinky.  I also own a sister 170CMSM... You are welcome to reach out to me is you have any questions.

Any photos of your's?

Congrats, great looking H170, if I'm not wrong opening the back cover that let access controls you should be able to read the internal label?

Archived