Heritage Owners Club

Sentimental Feelings

skydog52

A lot of us have been lucky to get to know these people. Feeling sentimental on a Friday night.

I miss the old shop but nothing goes on forever and I am glad Jim, Marv and JPs family got something out of it.

Hand made, top quality.  The good, old days!

Stellar video Skdog52; Thanks!

Great post Paul. I had many used heritage guitars before this first video.  First time to the plant. my wife and I visited them in 2008. It was the week before the first HOC. Marv gave us a private tour.  While we were going through the factory, I mentioned to him I was a fan of the 170. I liked it symetrical appearance, but I didn't like how the neck joined the body. I also indicated that I prefer block inlays and like the idea of their Light Weight Chambered body.  Marv smiled and said they were building a new H170 Second generation that would join the body as I described, came with block inlays, and proceeded to show me the prototype jig he mocked up.

I asked him if the very first one was spoken for.  He checked with vince, of the new owners. It was not and I met Vince, Jim, Ren and Marv. He proceeded to ask me what color I wanted. I referenced Willy Wonka (my wife rolled her eyes).  I wanted dipped in gold, front back, neck headstock, etc.  Before commiting, Marv recommended black lettering if the goldstock wAS TO BE WHITE.  He had someone make up a sample while I was there. I loved the black contrast with the gold. I asked for black binding but was told know, they weren't doing it any more as they had issues.  Marv also explained it would take about 18 hours more to finish it in all gold. He said the original finisher that did all the gold tops comes in once a week (Flloyd ) and takes care of the gold finish. He appologized but there would be an upcharge.  I asked him what it was he said around $100 (before a discount).  Marv also showed me how he rolled the neck and rolled mine to be somewhere between a 1960 and a 50's era which was just what I wanted after checking out a few necks.  He said he would get started and it would be about 3 to 4 months which was quicker than usual . Marv wanted to release it early to some dealers so I had first dibs on the first one . I was called and my son and I picked it up (we picked it up in the exact date that was my late wife's birthday). I also added the HRW pickups.  Ren was there for final setup.  H170 Light Weight with HRW pickups,   All gold custom neck guard, with Black they Heritage Logo.  I call it 'MYSTIC JUJU' after my late wife.  My son Jason LaFond captured these videos when I picked it up.  Don't know if we will ever experience this personal attending again.

Here is a picture of Ren fine tuning it with his secret sauce formula for the HRW pickups.  Going to miss opportunities like this with the new heritage. But I got mine.

Couldn't be happier.

One build I was fortunate to receive at one of the PSPs. That's the desk of the old shipping department.

PSP Milli Ultra.jpg

Way back in 2002 I fell in love with Heritage Guitars.

My first one. It didn't have the DVIP originally. They hooked me up after I took delivery from Elderly's.

That's when I started meeting all the fine folks at Heritage.

post-194-026130900%201295527209.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No matter what the future holds, we will always have Heritage one way or the other. We were all very fortunate to be a part of the story in some capacity. A truly unique situation.

Archived