Heritage Owners Club

Trillium Amps - anyone?

kidsmoke

My 535 is currently getting a bit of a workover. May be the ultra dry home I'm in, but the intonation is just off, and I'm having the nut worked on.

Anyway, in a prior lifetime this tech was amp builder. His company was Trillium Amplification. He and his brother's first love and skill is cabinetry, and MAN does it show. As I understand it, they basically came up with gorgeous cabinet designs, and constructed amps for them. I can honestly say they're the most beautiful guitar amps I've ever seen. Note on the first pic, the way the horizontal edge moulding is blended to intersect the vertical. Various circuits, Weber speakers. They weren't cheap either. Anyway, though I'd share.

zgcNqOV.jpg

S86oEAC.jpg?1

hfEfLZL.jpg

7okjQ8N.jpg

WBAQyTq.jpg

You've likely seen some of his other woodwork as well, if you read any corksniffer guitar publications. Jim Irsay, guitar collector extraordinaire, (Colts owner, troubled soul) has his most notable guitars housed in glass front cabinets in his mansion. This guy built those cabinets, and also serves as his tech for significant issues. He's got a guitar curator on retainer who handles the research and purchasing and simple stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, barrymclark said:

Ah, yes. Scott Campbell. Good guy. Good luthier. MASTERFUL woodworker. I knew him when he lived in Georgia. 

yup. He did a wonderful job on my 535. Very cool that he's left a positive wake. 

Archived