Heritage Owners Club

The Golden Eagle of Paisley Park

Polo

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't get past that "ugly headstock". :)

I think I found the name of my next band: Ugly Headstock. 

47 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

I think I can't get past the ugly everything on that guitar! 

Not my style either. One man's ugly... I was taking a jab at the mentality of other forums, where they only see an "ugly headstock" and completely miss the rest of the guitar.

20 minutes ago, Yooper said:

Not my style either. One man's ugly... I was taking a jab at the mentality of other forums, where they only see an "ugly headstock" and completely miss the rest of the guitar.

Sadly, if it weren't for those occasional headstock bashing threads there would be VERY FEW people even talking about Heritage guitars these days.

I'm utterly amazed that the marketing department at Heritage has managed to become less effective then ever.

I mean seriously... what's going on with that website and are they ever going to release an official 2018 product line? There's been very little useful information of any kind made available since the big shake up and they've literally put out less than 10 social media posts since Bandlab took over the marketing duties a few months ago.

Strange days.

Hah!  The "ugly headstock" post!   I had to check to make sure I hadn't logged into TGP by mistake!   

The paint job is no different than Clapton's Fool,   or Harrison's  Rocky,   or Jimi's Monterrey Pop Strat.   To me, it would be preferable to a Teye guitar.  The metalwork/inlay stuff just doesn't cut it for me.

4 hours ago, Yooper said:

And it happens to be the most stylistic and beautiful headstock of any guitar maker, period. Let the jealous be jealous. 

Sadly, if it weren't for those occasional headstock bashing threads there would be VERY FEW people even talking about Heritage guitars these days.
I'm utterly amazed that the marketing department at Heritage has managed to become less effective then ever.
I mean seriously... what's going on with that website and are they ever going to release an official 2018 product line? There's been very little useful information of any kind made available since the big shake up and they've literally put out less than 10 social media posts since Bandlab took over the marketing duties a few months ago.
Strange days.

Most of the social media seems to be on Instgram. Yeah nothing about models, saw that JL Fulks a endorser stopped by yesterday and tried out a custom shop Golden Eagle. Nice kid, asked him a few questions about his red 535 he calls Ruby. Other than that a few posts of workers sanding bodies or putting binding on guitars.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

On 4/20/2018 at 1:43 PM, Polo said:

Look at that! Front and center. (The black guitar.) That, ladies & gentlemen is an Ovation Breadwiner. Back in the 1980's age of high school garage bands, I used to jam with a guy who had one of those Ovation guitars. As usual I'd ask each of my guitar player buddies if I could try playing their guitar. That guitar had the best, lowest, most effortless action of any guitar I had ever played. To this day, in the back of my head, I basically compare the action of any of my guitars to that one guitar.

But, the main reason I don't own one of those guitars today is that I would never accept such a crappy bridge, pickups or electronics these days. But a cool look and a great action for for playing Heavy Metal.

1 hour ago, HANGAR18 said:

Look at that! Front and center. (The black guitar.) That, ladies & gentlemen is an Ovation Breadwiner. Back in the 1980's age of high school garage bands, I used to jam with a guy who had one of those Ovation guitars. As usual I'd ask each of my guitar player buddies if I could try playing their guitar. That guitar had the best, lowest, most effortless action of any guitar I had ever played. To this day, in the back of my head, I basically compare the action of any of my guitars to that one guitar.

But, the main reason I don't own one of those guitars today is that I would never accept such a crappy bridge, pickups or electronics these days. But a cool look and a great action for for playing Heavy Metal.

I had one of those years ago and that bridge confounded me, but I liked the pickups, and yes it played great. I wish I would have kept it, as these days I'm getting better at wrangling some good tone out of low output pickups. I sold in in the 1981!

On 4/20/2018 at 3:10 PM, jaywolfe said:

That's not an "Ugly Headstock"....................that there's Ren Wall...

He ain't pretty.  ;^)

My first guitar, the Ovation Viper. Bought it in the early 80's and still have it. Still plays better than any of my others, and is once again my preferred axe.

By the way, I love the bridge. it is very comfortable to rest my hand on while fingerpicking. The action is perfect and the pickups are quiet and responsive.

Also, just look at those knobs!

IMG_4657.JPG.691d73492bbb1fab1ea6d97d80675079.JPG

Archived