Heritage Owners Club

Super Eagle workout

yoslate

Digging and archiving and unearthed this.  Track I did with some pals in the living room a few years ago.  This is my P-90 Super Eagle through a '65 Blackface Bassman  and a 1x12 cab.  Haven't recorded the Super much, and this was just for fun.  John would be the first one to admit he's not a singer (his wife was the vocalist in this band), but he's a terrific harp player!  Rhythm section's pretty alright...Calvin Johnson on upright, Kelly Linville on the tubs. 

Sweet !   I can't help but dig what's going on and the nice sound here. 

Of particular note are the licks going on just past the 3:25 mark to bring it all home.  

Nice post , Slate. 

Enjoyed that ride. Tasty solo and I wanted it to go on but as usual Rob you reigned it in and was perfect for the ride!

Great harp playin and nice use of double stops Yo, I was groovin on that one big time!

Thank you so much, all, for the listens and comments!  Love the support on the forum!  Into the studio in the middle of the month.  Taking a bunch of guitars in for what is likely the band's (and my) last real record.  535's been going to rehearsals lately; it may get out for a  theater and a downtown outdoor gig this weekend.  It'll definitely be on the record, too.  It's just too right for Lonnie Mack's "Stop," which we're recording for the disc.  I'll try to post some 535 clips here, as the record progresses.

5 hours ago, tulk1 said:

Isn't this the band that did so well in the blues challenges? Even making it to Beale Street for the blues-offs? Just stellar! 

It is, Kenny, absent the harp player's wife's vocals, which are really nice.  She has a wonderful stage presence, and is a looker (to be blatantly sexist, I'm afraid).  We really had a ball in Memphis, at Blues Disneyland...about which I have mixed thoughts.  And thanks!

I do, too...always.
Just to make sure we are clear, I have heard a clip of you and this crew before and thought it wonderful. Without anything to listen to this clip other than my phone is can only imagine that this clip sounds just as great. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-J120ZN using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, JeffB said:

Just to make sure we are clear, I have heard a clip of you and this crew before and thought it wonderful. Without anything to listen to this clip other than my phone is can only imagine that this clip sounds just as great. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-J120ZN using Tapatalk

I know, Jeff...was just trying on some self-deprecating humor.  It's what I do.  And thanks!  Hope all's well down under!

Archived