Heritage Owners Club

Tell me....

Conneazoo

OUR 2018 LINEUP

Standard & Custom Orders available.

Details about our new line of guitars are on their way, and will be available soon on the website.

Subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to get the news.

And we thought communication was bad with original company. I’d love those days back!

a couple of posts on Facebook and Instagram, eh?????

It's become crystal clear to me that whoever's in charge over there simply doesn't have a clue what they are doing with regards to effective marketing and or how to repair a recently altered public image.

How can the new owners not realize....THAT ALL CREDIBILITY AND OR MOMENTUM that existed for Heritage Guitar during its first 30 years HAS ALL BUT DISSOLVED at this point.

The metrics don't lie folks.....nobody is out there on the streets talking about or buying up new Heritage Guitars, NOBODY! 

Why would they........it's nearly freaking June and we've still yet to get the 2018 product line and or ANY relevant information that would possibly attract a (new/repeat) buyer.

WTF MENG & CO????? 

A little bit of optimistic conjecture:  With both Heritage and Gibson at transition points right now, perhaps the leadership is exploring the potential for synergies between the two companies.  Both Meng and the stewardship of Gibson are looking to come out on the other side of their transitions with the strongest possible market positioning.  It is not a stretch to think that one party has at least reached out to the other to discuss new arrangements for the future.  If so, that would explain the lack of communication on the part of Heritage, as they may not want to commit to any plans while the outcome of any new, much larger opportunities are up in the air.

This is pure guess work on my part, but I imagine I'd be picking up a phone if I were in charge at either place.  The timing of these dual crises could prove to be serendipitous.  

Imagine, if you a will, all those particular owners of R9s who relish every scintilla of authentic detail in their historic reissues.  I would bet that a substantial amount of those owners would purchase another reissue if the manufacturer could add "made at 225 Parsons street" to the pedigree.

1 hour ago, JorgeToo said:

A little bit of optimistic conjecture:  With both Heritage and Gibson at transition points right now, perhaps the leadership is exploring the potential for synergies between the two companies.  Both Meng and the stewardship of Gibson are looking to come out on the other side of their transitions with the strongest possible market positioning.  It is not a stretch to think that one party has at least reached out to the other to discuss new arrangements for the future.  If so, that would explain the lack of communication on the part of Heritage, as they may not want to commit to any plans while the outcome of any new, much larger opportunities are up in the air.

This is pure guess work on my part, but I imagine I'd be picking up a phone if I were in charge at either place.  The timing of these dual crises could prove to be serendipitous.  

yes, that is a good point about all the Gibson hoopla, dominating the news. maybe not a good time to try publicity

....or maybe it is?

I'm not too worried, I'm sure there will be things forthcoming.

summer NAMM is in June, I expect that will be a milestone to watch

3 hours ago, JorgeToo said:

I don't know that the new owners of Gibson (the bankers who financed Henry's crazy dreams) are even remotely thinking about Heritage.  I doubt that any of them are "guitar guys".   Most likely, they are financiers who now have to figure out how to best monetize the assorted crap that HJ bought, so they can either get their money back and sell whats left of the company, or if they think it can actually be profitable as a musical instrument company,  sell off the chaffe and set the management in place to optimize it for long term stability.  There's no sentimental attachment there to bring back the glory days of the 59 Les Paul (which really weren't all that glorious at the time).   

3 hours ago, JorgeToo said:

Look, this is just my opinion, but if PRS was looking to buy Gibson or "synergize" I might actually entertain that thought.   Buy you are talking about Gibson guitars with a revenue of well over $1 Billion per year in guitar sales and Heritage which is pennies to that $billiion.  This like "Coca Cola" and "Diet Rite".   Why would Coke worry about Diet Rite's marketing strategy?  Heritage has ZERO effect on Gibson's market share & sales.  Really Heritage is a non-factor to Gibson.  

No, this is just awful marketing, awful strategy, and awful leadership from Heritage Band Corp.   Honestly, not a peep of news and no updated Heritage web site?  I think Heritage Guitars is in serious trouble.

Again, just my.02

maybe Band Lab is considering buying out Gibson

also in the news: John Mayer has cut ties with PRS, and is going to commission Heritage to build him a '62 strat copy

and Sasquatch was sighted in Kalamazoo, over the weekend

8 hours ago, brentrocks said:

i think they are getting ready to move Gibson back to 225

I have suspected this all along.

9 hours ago, brentrocks said:

i think they are getting ready to move Gibson back to 225

How is this even possible to consider?

Heritage Band Corp factory is WAY too small.   Plus no (as of yet) CNC machines.  Band Corp is tooingl up to produce the Harmony Line of guitars.  Only one Plek Machine.  So Harmony & Gibson are going to be produced out of 225..... again WAY too small.  

The money it would cost to over haul 225 to accommodate Gibson (even if was just the Gibson Cust Shop) would be SO expensive... why not just buy Gibson and use their existing factory where all the tools, computers, and CNC machines already exists? 

On 5/18/2018 at 4:16 AM, Spectrum13 said:

OUR 2018 LINEUP

Standard & Custom Orders available.

Details about our new line of guitars are on their way, and will be available soon on the website.

Subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to get the news.

Here you go Spectrum....2018 LINEUP 

released to Dealers at NAMM
H-137 in 2 colors
H-150 in 4 colors
H-535 in 4 colors
H-530 in 3 colors
H-575 in 2 colors
Eagle Classic in ALSB

Solid bodys get 59s, semi's get Seths, no substitutes, no Ebony, No Options... You get what Heritage ships! 

On 5/18/2018 at 9:08 AM, Polo said:

In loving memory of Heritage Guitar Inc. 

(1985-2015)

https://gph.is/1KC76Aigiphy.gif

On 5/19/2018 at 10:55 AM, Polo said:

a couple of posts on Facebook and Instagram, eh?????

It's become crystal clear to me that whoever's in charge over there simply doesn't have a clue what they are doing with regards to effective marketing and or how to repair a recently altered public image.

How can the new owners not realize....THAT ALL CREDIBILITY AND OR MOMENTUM that existed for Heritage Guitar during its first 30 years HAS ALL BUT DISSOLVED at this point.

The metrics don't lie folks.....nobody is out there on the streets talking about or buying up new Heritage Guitars, NOBODY! 

Why would they........it's nearly freaking June and we've still yet to get the 2018 product line and or ANY relevant information that would possibly attract a (new/repeat) buyer.

WTF MENG & CO????? 

Such drama... Look, worst case scenario... even if Heritage guitars were to go out of business completely, we would all still be here talking about how much we dig Heritage guitars.

Example: Has anyone ever heard of Excelsior-Henderson motorcycles? They are a brand name which has come and gone a couple of times just like the Indian motorcycle brand. Excelsior-Henderson motorcycles has been defunct for quite a while now but they still have an Excelsior-Henderson motorcycle owners club. They have fun riding their motorcycles; they are very glad they own one (because they are very rare) and I don't think they sit around griping all day that they company isn't in business anymore.

So, relax I say. The new owners will either figure things out and everything will be cool or they crash and burn miserably. Either way, I still dig my Heritage guitars. I'd rather be thankful for what I have than gripe about things which I have no control over.

1 hour ago, HANGAR18 said:

Such drama... Look, worst case scenario... even if Heritage guitars were to go out of business completely, we would all still be here talking about how much we dig Heritage guitars.

Example: Has anyone ever heard of Excelsior-Henderson motorcycles? They are a brand name which has come and gone a couple of times just like the Indian motorcycle brand. Excelsior-Henderson motorcycles has been defunct for quite a while now but they still have an Excelsior-Henderson motorcycle owners club. They have fun riding their motorcycles; they are very glad they own one (because they are very rare) and I don't think they sit around griping all day that they company isn't in business anymore.

So, relax I say. The new owners will either figure things out and everything will be cool or they crash and burn miserably. Either way, I still dig my Heritage guitars. I'd rather be thankful for what I have than gripe about things which I have no control over.

+1000

Archived