Heritage Owners Club

Fun & Confusion

jaywolfe

We still laugh about this one- After receiving, stocking & selling the (then) new Prospect models for a couple of years, we received 2 new one's with no case. I called Bill Paige & he informed me that they never had cases made for Prospects. This caught me off guard and I had to stop & think. I was quite certain we'd been getting them in a nice, good fitting case. I told Bill I'd call him back. I ran upstairs, grabbed a new case labeled "Pros" and placed a new Prospect into the case. Fit perfectly. I called Bill back & informed him that we actually had Heritage logo Prospect cases in stock that had arrived from 225 Parsons. He again told me with no hesitation that Heritage had never prototyped nor produced a case for that model. At this point I felt certain old Bill was messing with the kid, and told him so. He said "no way man."  This back & forth continued for a bit, until I said Okay & hung up in total frustration. The accompanying invoices did not mention "case" and the amount charged was the same as if there was a case. About a week later we received a new Prospect with a case!

The mystery was never solved.

33 minutes ago, yoslate said:

Ahhhh...that unmistakable Heritage mystique  we're all so worried has gone away....

Some call it "charm".........I consider it the effects of guys that smell GLUE all day long.

Ha.. yeah.   Reminds me of when I took my 157 to our local guitar shop.  The owner tells me that they were a Heritage dealer for a short while, then goes on to express his frustration in trying to deal with them on a business level .   He liked my 157 so much that he offered to trade even for a Gibson LP Custom Black Beauty that he had, but I had to say no to that trade.   

Good story, Jay. 

Have they ever come up with a specific case for the thinline H525, a guitar that you helped design?  Mine came in a full sized H575 case with a 'foam spacer' to make up for the difference in body width.

I have received a dozen Prospects and Academy's in the last 5-6 years and they all came in Heritage cases.

The lore of 225 Parsons St.

5 hours ago, jaywolfe said:

We still laugh about this one- After receiving, stocking & selling the (then) new Prospect models for a couple of years, we received 2 new one's with no case. I called Bill Paige & he informed me that they never had cases made for Prospects. This caught me off guard and I had to stop & think. I was quite certain we'd been getting them in a nice, good fitting case. I told Bill I'd call him back. I ran upstairs, grabbed a new case labeled "Pros" and placed a new Prospect into the case. Fit perfectly. I called Bill back & informed him that we actually had Heritage logo Prospect cases in stock that had arrived from 225 Parsons. He again told me with no hesitation that Heritage had never prototyped nor produced a case for that model. At this point I felt certain old Bill was messing with the kid, and told him so. He said "no way man."  This back & forth continued for a bit, until I said Okay & hung up in total frustration. The accompanying invoices did not mention "case" and the amount charged was the same as if there was a case. About a week later we received a new Prospect with a case!

The mystery was never solved.

He was definitely messin with the Kid!

3 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Good story, Jay. 

Have they ever come up with a specific case for the thinline H525, a guitar that you helped design?  Mine came in a full sized H575 case with a 'foam spacer' to make up for the difference in body width.

The 525 that I previously had came with a form fitted case, no spacer. 

8 hours ago, yoslate said:

Yeah...bit it IS hide glue....  Isn't it?

HIDE glue...haha!!

no such thing as a bad pun :D

my Prospect was in a proper fitting Heritage hardshell case as well.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:13 PM, bolero said:

"my Prospect was in a proper fitting Heritage hardshell case as well."

So you say! May wanna go check that, cuz "they just don't exist." = :>)

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, ElNumero said:

The 525 that I previously had came with a form fitted case, no spacer. 

The 1'st dozen or so H525's arrived with no case and I shipped them with a very sturdy & excellent fitting 3rd party hardshell case. My own 1'st one made is still in that 3'rd party heavy 5 ply "Guardian" brand case- which I like. Then Heritage began shipping them in a H575 case with a fur covered foam insert (ugh...). They then realized that model, which I did in fact initiate & design, was a winner and they had TKL cases made for them. Marv & I decided to change 2 aspects of the design after the 1'st few- 1. extend the neck out 1 additional fret & half for better reach, and 2/ offer them with any of 3 bridge styles- floating Rosewood like to old Gib 125's, Rosewood base with Nashville TM perched atop, and 3 (seems to sound best to me & Marv) all metal ala model H550. H550 sound SO GOOD and so do the H525's with the all metal bridge. Actually H525's sound amazing to me with any bridge style, as my (prototype) one pre-dates these 2 changes, and I'm always really impressed with how great she sounds. I wouldn't change its bridge.

Archived