Heritage Owners Club

535 and Good Pal Content

yoslate

My good friend and mentor, Daniel Seriff, did a clinic at The International Musicians' Summit, in Durham, just a couple of weeks ago (date at the top is incorrect) with Kirk Fletcher and Josh Smith (and many other world-class players).  Daniel has a stable of great guitars, but his 535 (with HRW's) is one of his favorites.  Thought you guys might get a kick out of him burning on the Heritage. 

That was a fun ride. All very tasty solos! And all different tones. My Dad always told me variety is the Spice of Life.

Daniel brings out the best in the HRWs.

Some serious Blues wankery there! Not really my cup o' tea, but when broken down to simple phrases there was some cool little licks going down, especially that turnaround lick by Kirk Fletcher at 2:10, that I will be sure to steal, and the cool little swing lick of Josh Smith at 5:29. Your boy Daniel must have felt honored to jam with those two cats. Daniel was being very polite waiting for his turn and you can feel him flow easier with a nice legato style as the jam went on.   

Oooh... I liked that. I've been away from the blues and that just drew me in. Inspired for some 1/IV/V listening. Could feel and see the fun they were having. Thx, Rob, cool post!

Archived