Heritage Owners Club

New bridge & Stop Bar

jaywolfe

New Heritage H535/150's are arriving with the new spiffy PINNACLE bridge (Advance Plating- Nashville) with its nifty Titanium saddles and Alum. studs.

The locking mechanism is smooth, easy to adjust. USA made &  Very nice:

http://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/bridge-and-tailpieces/nashville-bridges/pinnacle-locking-tune-o-matic-nashville-bridge-chrome/

NOTE: This information is provided free of charge as a community service. Poster disavows any knowledge of anything, with malice toward none, except that guy.....

5 minutes ago, Vanschoyck said:

Jay, do you know what the thinking was regarding the change?  Better bridge?  Better price?

I was told- better quality, doesn't have all the play, US made, Titanium saddles, simpler adjustment. (TP are from Taiwan)

Jay is partly correct, They are transitioning to Advanced Plating bridges and Tailpieces which is the same hardware Gibson is using(No surprise there). Word is there is still a lot of Tonepros at the factory so currently there is a mix and match philosophy.  There is also the right to substitute policy they have always had. Biggest downfalls with Tonepros... too heavy and if you don't set the set screws tight... you lose the set screws.

Wanna be the big dog, copy the big dog... 

3 minutes ago, Millennium Maestro said:

A touch pricey... 

Yeah. I just got a reality check. Filed for birthday wish. And then there's deciding which guitar would get it first.

I've played the game many times and these days I'm only concerned if I think swapping steel/titanium or nylon/zamak etc might dull or brighten a guitar on the dull or bright end of the spectrum. IMO, it's not a one way street. Heck, I took the roller bridge off an H-140 for an abr style and it was too bright, back on went the schaller! Though, in the end that little guitar had too much top end for me. I even have a late 50's Gold ABR-1 I've swapped on and off of a few guitars (currently on my V)..... it looks cool and that's about that, the "magic sauce" the vintage guys insist it has hath not infected my ears yet. 

But, for the money, the gotoh ge104b is a damn tight little bridge, tight thread spacing, great contact/machining, designed with no play or rattle, nice hard zinc saddles, and about 1/2 the price of the one linked above. 

almost forgot- H535s now have a sturdy 3 ply black "plastic" Pickguard. If you check our latest stock posting on Gbase or Reverb you'll see pics. It's a nice one, but it's plastic.

8 hours ago, jaywolfe said:

almost forgot- H535s now have a sturdy 3 ply black "plastic" Pickguard. If you check our latest stock posting on Gbase or Reverb you'll see pics. It's a nice one, but it's plastic.

That’s part of the reason why mine never had its guard installed, I didn’t like the single ply blob shaped guard they shipped with.  

This is nice.

EE8B4C00-1453-4E5A-BDBB-F88A23C6D435.jpeg

1 hour ago, Besty said:

Any thoughts on Tonepros Aluminum.

I have a few guitars with the aluminum tailpiece concept going on. The idea is that it transfers energy/vibration through it better than a more solid material which would theoretically absorb energy. So the idea is that it helps the instrument be a better instrument.

4 hours ago, Besty said:

Any thoughts on Tonepros Aluminum.

For most of us any bridge will do... BUT I love the characteristics that Aluminum brings to a guitars tone and the weight you save is definitely noticeable. The biggest thing I have noticed in my journey with experimenting on components is that once you find what you like it can be expensive getting your other guitars to perform just like your favorite.

Archived