Heritage Owners Club

Monster Top and Back H-575 Custom!!!!

DetroitBlues

I almost bought that guitar from the original seller, but I opted out because of the Schaller pickups, which frankly, don't do it for me.  That said, I was still tempted, as it is a beauty! The original CWH1 on ebay has been collecting guitars for years, and runs a website about collecting vintage guitars.

26 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

I almost bought that guitar from the original seller, but I opted out because of the Schaller pickups, which frankly, don't do it for me.  That said, I was still tempted, as it is a beauty! The original CWH1 on ebay has been collecting guitars for years, and runs a website about collecting vintage guitars.

I still think its a bargain for $2000.  Pickups are easy to replace.

I was seriously tempted to buy it, but I know its a guitar I wouldn't like.  I've played them before and they feel more like acoustics than electrics.  

14 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

I still think its a bargain for $2000.  Pickups are easy to replace.

I was seriously tempted to buy it, but I know its a guitar I wouldn't like.  I've played them before and they feel more like acoustics than electrics.  

yeah but I would need to change the rings too and the 'buckers I like would cost over $400, and then the pots and caps while I'm in there, and then the endpin jack, then things get expensive:)

That 575 does have gorgeous wood.  However, that's about it.  For that price, I'd look for a bound headstock and possibly pearl inlayed Heritage name as well.  As for Schaller pickups, some of them sound pretty darned good on 575's.  However, pickups are are a matter of taste.  But I too would yank them as well as the wiring if considering this one.

Also, there is evidence of it being exposed to either high levels of humidity or moisture.  Take a look at the metal tailpiece and underneath the pickups.    How does that much tarnish and rust appear??

image.thumb.png.590c3238e65e9fa8e3be6a91e89b8a87.png

Archived