Time to start a flame war!

big bob

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

I call it squiggle flame

Daniel,

Yeah. I like these better than the more exaggerated quilty stuff. I also love the darker bursts that have flame that can still be seen out to the edges.

IIRC Duane traded his '57 Goldtop for a burst, but swapped in the pickups to keep the sound.  I was after the sound of Robben Ford's '57 GT on "Soul On Ten", and put ThroBak SLE101s with unpotted A2 magnets in it.

After over a dozen Lesters, I finally got the sound I wanted. Later I read about Duane's deal.

So I unintentionally have a "Duane Allman Tribute" model now. It's my LP "home tone". 

9 minutes ago, Yooper said:

It's my LP "home tone". 

No flame on my "Home Tone" Les Paul, which is my Goldtop '57 reissue :) I love SLE 101s in every guitar I've ever heard them in. I remember when one of my best friends had a squealing problem with a bridge pickup in his Lester, which was an early SLE101.  I fixed it for him by removing the cover and running a bead of silicone over the slug coil, then I clamped the cover and soldered it back in place. When I was done with the job, I plugged that Lester (2006 R9) into his ridiculously powered DR Z amp, and blasted some licks that could probably be heard in the next town over:) One of the best days ever!!!

1 hour ago, Millennium Maestro said:

If it's war... I should have started here!
O5QOtZS.jpg

Is that a Golden Knight special edition?

3 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Plywood?!  Oh, you have declared a war within a war, sir!:bomb_mini:

This is the photo that convinced me to whip out my credit card of mass destruction.:wave:

image.png.b970ac0c517527eff7647927888aa11d.png

LOL, I can't wait till we meet!  The other side of this one is spectacular... Just not flame      This is the one I regret not buying, idly admiring without action for way to long allowing you to slip right in!  BUT... she is in excellent PAWS!

All of mine are pretty plain. Here's a homebrew I made that has some subtle flame:

4345854769_c6abb22f42_b.jpg

And a pickguard I made that adds interest to an otherwise plain Strat

4325994687_ddc2963bf9_b.jpg

Archived