Heritage Owners Club

My Man Cave of Amps

For low-volume, inside the house without an attenuator my favorite Z is the Z-Plus Combo loaded with a Blue.  7/15 watts of power with reverb, volume, master, cut, base and treble it's quiet enough that I keep it in the living room to play while the wife watches tv.  Favorite Z, without regard to volume, is hard to say.  Original Prescription, Antidote, Brad Paisley's #001 Stingray, Joe Walsh's Galaxie are all right up there. 

25 minutes ago, davesultra said:

You sure have a whole lot of amps there. Bet it'll cost a bundle come re-tube time!! 

I don't retube them at the same time - nor is the retubing frequent for each individual amp since they each get limited play-time

I remember when I was playing in the early to mid 70s,   I religiously retubed my Guild Tunderbird amp.... NEVER!    One of the power tubes even has the plastic orientation piece broken off, but the tube was still working when I fired it up a few years back.   It wasn't like I was babying it, either.  It was usually wide open since I was trying to keep up with a Traynor YBA1 for the other guitar and a YBA3 for the bassist.

57 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

I remember when I was playing in the early to mid 70s,   I religiously retubed my Guild Tunderbird amp.... NEVER!    One of the power tubes even has the plastic orientation piece broken off, but the tube was still working when I fired it up a few years back.   It wasn't like I was babying it, either.  It was usually wide open since I was trying to keep up with a Traynor YBA1 for the other guitar and a YBA3 for the bassist.

The early to mid-seventies - that's when tubes were tubes!  Now it's a crapshoot with new tubes.

12 hours ago, Jaguarguy said:

Having listened to you playing I could say the same thing!  :D

Hahaha!  Well thanks Mike!       …... I have a couple friends who are hooked on the old Marshalls (I was too until the original prescription!) but I think if we were to get them up to the man cave we may be able to get them converted over!  One had a deep interest!

35 minutes ago, JRL said:

Hahaha!  Well thanks Mike!       …... I have a couple friends who are hooked on the old Marshalls (I was too until the original prescription!) but I think if we were to get them up to the man cave we may be able to get them converted over!  One had a deep interest!

You're always welcomed here Josh!

On 7/10/2018 at 3:41 PM, Jaguarguy said:

I don't retube them at the same time - nor is the retubing frequent for each individual amp since they each get limited play-time

Didn’t mean that literally. Was really just another way of saying that there’s a lot of glass in that room. ;)

Archived