Heritage Owners Club

My Man Cave of Amps

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

34 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Talk about a wall of sound!

amd that’s mostly amp heads!

do you have cabinets that match?

Clearly don't have cabs for all of them but I have a number of cabs I can run them through.  Several Z-Bests, some 4x12 Marshall cabs, an EVH 4x12 - enough to get some tonal variety here.  :biggrin_mini2:

2 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

Do you have enough of those Z amps?

(Now I have to look up what the hell are Z amps. hahaha)

If you've heard Brad Paisley, John Fogerty (lately), Stevie Miller, Joe Walsh, and a few more you've heard Dr. Z amps.

On 7/5/2018 at 9:04 PM, DetroitBlues said:

Talk about a wall of sound!

amd that’s mostly amp heads!

do you have cabinets that match?

You're only about 40 minutes away - you'll have to come and check it out for yourself B)

10 hours ago, Jaguarguy said:

A lot of guys use that pic to justify "just one more amp" to the significant other. :lol:

Bingo! There is a picture (series of pictures actually) on the internet of a basement in a mansion with what I estimate to be about "one point two million dollars" worth of PRS guitars hanging on the walls. I showed those pictures to my wife once to justify my measley $30,000.00 guitar collection. hahaha

But amps however, (I love amps ) I have been downsizing the collection lately. Five amps seems to be the magic number for me and all the variety that I might ever want seems to exist in these 5 specific amps. I still look at other amps but my brain just says, nope, you don't need it.

PRS Archon
PRS Dallas
MESA JP2C
MESA Mark Five:25
Marshall JCM800 2203KK

Awesome!

And, since you apparently have at least most of the Z amps ever built,  which is your favorite for inside-the-house kind of volume?  Knowing nothing other than output, seems like a Maz 8 or a Maz 18 , but I suspect there might be more to it than low wattage.  For myself I'd prefer a combo with reverb, but not necessarily either, if there was a better choice.  Currently playing a Mesa Lonestar and would be hard pressed to find fault with it. Intrigued by Dr. Z, though.  

Archived