Heritage Owners Club

FRIEDMAN RUNT 20 1X12 COMBO

3 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

They are expensive and a lot of people like them. But I don't know anything about them.

I know they are expensive.   I got a smoking deal used on this one.  I never would have paid $1499 for one. 

They are worth every bit of the $1499 list price. Great amps, well thought out and engineered. The only thing some say is that the clean is too "clean" for some people's tastes, but if you want something to take pedals, it's great. The lead channel is epic.

7 hours ago, davesultra said:

While still not cheap, I believe the Runt series utilize PCB construction.

This is correct. The Runt series are the "value-oriented" series from the brand, with PCB based construction. The rest are hand-wired turret board type construction.

Not only are the Runts on the lower end of the line in terms of price, they also have more features due to the cost reduction of PCB construction.

Regarding PC Board amps, it's been good enough for Mesa Boogie, it's good enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Jaguarguy said:

Tubes appear to be a bit of a crapshoot these days!

All depends on where you get them. I get mine from a dealer who puts them all through microphonics, shorts, and other tests before selling them.  I haven't had a bad tube yet.

The issue is that most people pull their good tubes when selling and amp, and you end up with crap tubes.

Archived