Heritage Owners Club

Mesa "Boogie" Fillmore series

JeffB

I like the DC2, but like the NOMAD, it's finicky. As TboneSullivan said above though, there are cheap voltage regulator out there. This is what I use for live performances where the power shifts from venue to venue, and before you ask, yes I tested the voltage regulator with a variac and a voltmeter, and the three voltage positions really help keep the voltage selected for the amp within safe limits for operation!

https://www.amazon.com/APC-LE1200-Automatic-Voltage-Regulator/dp/B00009RA60/ref=asc_df_B00009RA60/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=194024095585&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17199856012289011342&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1026969&hvtargid=pla-368535978127&psc=1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

25 watts from two 6V6 power tubes??

I couldn't find any reference to the power output in the above link.  Did I miss it?

That's interesting. Sure doesn't. Not even in the manual that I could find. However, Mesa Hollywood shows it as 18w/23w. 

I like that it has two identical channels with the same clean tone, because the gain channel is always so middy on my DC2 I rarely use it. With two identical channels I would find it easy to dial the kind of dirty tones that I like on channel 2. This amp definitely appeals to me. I might have to sell my DC 2 stack:)

The Mesa Boogie website also shows it as 18 Watts (Clean) / 23 Watts (Max) . You just need to click on the combo or the head for the specs.

Also technically the Fillmore 50 is Full Power (40W Clean/60W Max) or  Half Power (20W Clean/28W Max)

It's not like the output power is ever really an exact number. There's a whole bunch going into it. One of these days we'll figure out how Bogner gets 80 Watts out of the 2 EL34s in a Shiva.

11 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

One of these days we'll figure out how Bogner gets 80 Watts out of the 2 EL34s in a Shiva.

I'd like to know that myself, cause my Traynor combo has two EL34's and it's only rated at 50 watts.

Archived