Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Website

skydog52

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the new Carvin style distributor located on the world famous Edwards St. just around the corner from Parsons St. "Want a guitar, buy direct... Trust me because we now make perfect guitars!" Just ask your local Dealer...

Wait! I am now on a timeout for bad behavior...

1 hour ago, Yooper said:

530's are "semi-hollow" now?

"This fully hollow, double cutaway is the lightest guitar in our lineup"  Looks like the headline contradicts the description.  But I've seen that all my life, hollow bodies described as semi-hollow and vicey versy.

The ultimate test is going to be the guitars themselves.  I'm glad to see arch tops being made and custom orders maybe.  I'd sure like to have a second spruce top 575 in case anything ever happened to the one I have - it's a great guitar.  And currently the only thing I've seen that is close to the same kind of thing is Eastman and I don't like those as well.  L4 CES is nice but not the same.

Prices will go up for sure.  There is a lot of young builders in there still learning processes to mass produce hand made instruments.

Right now, Pete is the only guy doing the custom work.

Does appear factory direct is the only way to do a custom order.

2 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Prices will go up for sure.  There is a lot of young builders in there still learning processes to mass produce hand made instruments.

Right now, Pete is the only guy doing the custom work.

Does appear factory direct is the only way to do a custom order.

If this is true, it is a shame that loyal Heritage dealers are cut out of the custom build action.

6 hours ago, StephenK said:

They are young assemblers (tops on bottoms) not builder craftmen. 

I don't think that's a fair assessment.   Several of the new people have worked for other guitar builders and a number are graduates of Galloup lutherie school.   They specifically trained to build instruments. 

20 hours ago, FredZepp said:

Yeah...   I was told that everything since March 2018 has been plek'd. 

They need to be Plek'd just like Gibson't need to be Plek'd. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh, and does this mean my original owner era Heritage guitars are going up in value? ;)

Someone on the Jazz guitar forum said used Heritages are creeping up, I haven't been looking lately.

So if they are offering direct sales, what about the dealers? I'm assuming they are not undercutting them?.

No more 525 either right?

So let me get this straight, they are not made at 225 Parson's St anymore? Or was that a joke? That would be a big mojo sucker.

"Technically" they're still made at 225 Parsons St., as it's pretty much a block of buildings. But, No they're no longer made in the original factory they previously were. To me it's not the same anymore, to others it may not be a big deal. There are still a lot of great deals on used Heritage guitars to be had. There are many used ones out there with sizable asking prices. Take a look over at Reverb.com and you'll see many have been for sale for quite a while, and they're still sitting there. The used market is super soft these days, so I see no evidence that people are getting those big "ask" prices. I could see prices for certain big jazz boxes increasing if "H" decides to permanently discontinue some of the jazz boxes currently on production hiatus.

Archived