Heritage Owners Club

Price check on Aisle 140

yoslate

Asking for a friend.  Haven't seen a lot of these in the "For Sale" section.  What's the going rate for an H-140?  It's a '90 Goldtop, in good to very good shape.  All original Schaller kit.  Consensus?  Thanks!

There's an 87 on Guitar Center in Grand Rapids for $1300.   There are  a few on Reverb in the $1400 range, and then some that are way overpriced at $1700 to 2000+.    I think $12-1300 is probably the right range.   I got mine a few years back for under $900.  Prices seem to have risen some over the past few years.

There are two revisions of this guitar -- the original and a newer one.  I can't tell you what all of the differences are, or when the changeover occurred, but my impression is that the newer revision is significantly nicer and would therefore be worth more money.  I have one of the newer ones.  One of the differences is that the newer ones have  binding  on the neck.  The information  is no longer available on  the Heritage website, but maybe someone else here knows.

A '90 would definitely be the older revision.

The V1 series have unbound necks and sharp cutaways.

The V2 series has a bound neck and softer cutaway like a H150 but with dot inlays on the fretboard.

Still have a thinner body.

In my opinion, Heritage should of converted the H150’s to be more like a mix of the V1 and V2 H140’s.

Have a sharp cutaway, but bound neck.  Keep the body thinner with a deep dish maple cap and an inlaid headstock that is also bound.

Just my opinion.  Others will certainly disagree.

1 hour ago, DetroitBlues said:

The V1 series have unbound necks and sharp cutaways.

The V2 series has a bound neck and softer cutaway like a H150 but with dot inlays on the fretboard.

Still have a thinner body.

In my opinion, Heritage should of converted the H150’s to be more like a mix of the V1 and V2 H140’s.

Have a sharp cutaway, but bound neck.  Keep the body thinner with a deep dish maple cap and an inlaid headstock that is also bound.

Just my opinion.  Others will certainly disagree.

They also did a silver anniversary model, bound neck, sharp cutaway in a black to silver fade..... also there was the 147.

25 minutes ago, pressure said:

The second gen H140 has a normal neck joint, the first gen H140 has an extended neck heel. One you see it it's easier to understand.

Hmm, I didn’t notice.  I’ve had two V1’s and a V2.... I’ll have to look.  It not the tenon, but the heel itself?

Here is the 1993 H-137 I got my daughter for Christmas back in 2011.  This is a tone machine!  I never liked the 137 with the Loller P-90s.

img_4102_std.jpg

img_4104_std.jpg

Here is is with the Phat Cats.  It is a killer guitar with a medium to slim neck... just like I like them - uh, just how she likes them. 

img_4104_std.jpg

Here is my 2010 137 custom Gold Top I bought used pictured with a buddy's 1996 150 Special.  Even though the 150 has a maple cap both guitars weigh the same.  This 137 came from the factory with Lollar Imperials.  It is a tone machine as well. 

dscf5701_std.jpg

dscf5698_std.jpg

dscf5758_std.jpg

17 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

That Goldtop looks sweet!

If you are talking about mine I can confirm that it is sweet.  So is the old 137 daughter has.  Light loads for old spines. 

Archived