Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Little One

JohnV

I remember finding some of the laminate wood for the red,white and blue model on one of my trips to the old factory.

Found this on the sight. I think the "Flag" guitar was a Gerry Gessie model.

gallery_10_153_1059825.jpg

23 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

I've never seen this link before.  Is this something new?

No. Found it in a search. 

Paul,  I saw the same striped laminated RWB Little One on one of our visits.    I don't know if they made very many of them.  I've only gotten to play one Little One.   It reminded me of some of the Traveler guitar in feel.   

Its definitely unique.

Maybe one reason the Little One never took off is hearing someone say “Look at the guitar player. It looks like he has a little one.”

8 hours ago, rwinking said:

Maybe one reason the Little One never took off is hearing someone say “Look at the guitar player. It looks like he has a little one.”

Yep, that guitar player should wear a T-shirt quoting Yoda, "Size matters not.  Look at me.  Judge me by my size do you?"

So who is Gertie Gessie and why did he warrant a Heritage model named after him?

On 8/17/2018 at 9:21 AM, rwinking said:

So who is Gertie Gessie and why did he warrant a Heritage model named after him?

Got to admit, I never looked him before. Even when the LO was all the rage on the HoC. 

Not to be insensitive, but I watched the video and still wonder why there is a Gerrie  Gessie model. Am I missing something?

I found this from a blurb about him at a New Jersey Farmer Market.   Apparently he was a player "back in the day".

Gerry is considered a true guitar master.   In collaboration with the Heritage Guitar Company of Kalamazoo, MI in the design of a red, white and blue Heritage Little One guitar, he was honored by the company in having that particular guitar crafted as his own signature guitar, also described as the loudest and most unique guitar built by the historic Heritage Guitar Company.  In addition, Gerry has donated the leftover wood from building his guitars to the Pens for Freedom Project whose wood turners make red, white and blue pens to send to soldiers serving our country overseas.

The resident of Blairstown has backed such luminaries as Lou Pallo of the Les Paul Trio, The Four Seasons, The Shirelles and the Rascals, to name a few.

Somehow, I think that he's just quirky enough to pique the old boys' interest.

I had one that I passed to my nephew for his 18th birthday.

The best neck material ever used, no question!
I remember installing p-rails, making it super versatile. It is a really cool guitar, you will love it!

Archived