Heritage Owners Club

So....In general, how are things going for Heritage Guitars?

Polo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/27/2018 at 8:32 PM, DetroitBlues said:

One bit I did remember hearing is Heritage now has a distributor for Australia, so the folks Downunder can buy Heritages new.  Not that I think they will since the import taxes are insane.  

73c in the dollar + freight + import duties + distributor mark up + store mark up + GST = one lung.

Or in simpler terms, if its going to cost a lung I will get a Gibson, CS fender or PRS.

There is no following for Heritage guitars here except for when they are being blown out the backdoor in a fire sale when the distributor realizes they will never make a bean off them.

When that happens its cheaper for you guys in the US to buy them from Au than it is for you to buy them in the US. It happened in 2009 or 2010.

I would love to see their financials. Do they have a CFO or a Controller with this new regime? You cannot run a company successfully without somebody that has their finger on the company's financial pulse on a daily basis. 

The Heritage Company could not go on as they were, the owners were unable to collect a paycheck as it wasn't profitable.  

After all of the renovations , expansions, and new attractions are finished, I'd say the brand will be promoted like it never was under the original owners. 

With renewed distribution, a larger more well known dealer base, and a focus on a consistent product...  it's hard to name a time with a more focused concentration on the business aspect in the company's history.  But it remains to be seen what the end result is. 

2 hours ago, ElNumero said:

I would love to see their financials. Do they have a CFO or a Controller with this new regime?  

What does a car park attendant and gate keeper know about finances? Stick to beach patrol and apply SPF 100.

2 minutes ago, Spectrum13 said:

What does a car park attendant and gate keeper know about finances? Stick to beach patrol and apply SPF 100.

Retired Car Park Attendant. Current manager of the Gate. 

Am I allowed to look at bikinis also sir?

6 minutes ago, Buckyrock said:

"new attractions" - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

It seemed an appropriate term for a restaurant, roof top bar, museum and performance venue.   I didn't mean it in a derogatory way.  And then there is the restored plant itself should be great to see. 

Heritage Guitars was run by people with a passion for making guitars not making money.  They made a run of it for over thirty years.  The new Heritage guitars are not made in the same environment.  Face it the "brand" died a few years ago.  The future of the new ownership?  I could give a shit less. 

Attempting to (kind of) re-invent a brand name that had received very little interest over its first 30 years. I believe that’ll be very difficult, especially given the fact that they’re competing in a very crowded market. Good luck to the new owners.

I cant find any Au distributor. I sent out some emails and no one who responded seems to have any ideas who it might be. Could be a newer company. Heritage Inc didnt respond, I may have messed up the return email address or they havnt finalized the business end with a distributor, so no distributor to announce yet. Maybe they just dont check their emails.

The only store I found that had any stock is a store that has 5 and 6yr old guitars, AC***** and AD*****. Mainly 150's and 157's a 155 and a 137

If I could get my hands on a 535 I would probably grab it. There are a few in Japan for sale but I dont have much luck keeping guitars I buy without trying and Im over the perpetual buying and then selling aspect of trying to find the right ones. If they get an Au distributor I can at least pay the distributor the freight for a buy on approval sort of thing at a local store, Ive done it before with TA's.

Meanwhile the SA2200 and an older MIJ Ibanez are filling the gap, quite well.

It's somewhat obvious that the strategy is fewer guitars, but more expensive ones.

One of the biggest problems for Old Heritage and New Heritage is the glut of comparatively inexpensive used guitars. A quick search of Reverb shows 134 used Heritages for sale. Reverb asking prices are usually highly inflated over the actual sales price, and even with that I'm seeing solidbodies for $1600 or less.

Heritage has to offer something you can't get on a used H-150 from 10-15 years ago if they want to sell enough $$$ guitars.

2 hours ago, pro-fusion said:

Heritage has to offer something you can't get on a used H-150 from 10-15 years ago if they want to sell enough $$$ guitars.

There is a place called the Eastern Hemisphere. With the new Asian marketing partner Heritage will be available to BILLIONS of new potential customers who might view American made Gibsonish guitars built at guitar mecca as really cool alternatives to Asian built.  As when I was in school, owing a European auto had a cool factor.

Unlike a 1967-1972 Fiat or Volvo, when that emerging market begins to stock available new Heritages, they just might have enough value, cool factor and appeal to create demand.  Worth a shot?

1 hour ago, Spectrum13 said:

There is a place called the Eastern Hemisphere. With the new Asian marketing partner Heritage will be available to BILLIONS of new potential customers who might view American made Gibsonish guitars built at guitar mecca as really cool alternatives to Asian built.  As when I was in school, owing a European auto had a cool factor.

Unlike a 1967-1972 Fiat or Volvo, when that emerging market begins to stock available new Heritages, they just might have enough value, cool factor and appeal to create demand.  Worth a shot?

I don't know why but this comment reminded me that David Hasslehoff was was once an ENORMOUSLY popular singer in Germany.

37 minutes ago, Polo said:

I don't know why but this comment reminded me that David Hasslehoff was was once an ENORMOUSLY popular singer in Germany.

And here I thought he was only an actor on Baywatch. Boy am I stupid!

10 hours ago, Polo said:

I saw the videos at a local German place.  He can scoot around in those leather britches too.  No wonder the Russians hate them. 

6 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

I'm infinitely more of a Rammstein fan than a Hasselhoff fan.

https://www.rammstein.de/en/

I agree. Hassellhoff is well, lets say he is not straight.  

2 hours ago, buzzy said:

I get uncomfortable when you insiders reveal the Heritage secrets; so, I'm trying to catch up in this thread . . .

Are we saying that the new "H" logo stands for Hasselhoff?

Correct - they will also sell a new "kit" guitar that people will buy thinking they are getting a DIY build it yourself kit, but will be surprised when they instead receive an advanced crime fighting talking guitar. It's a well known fact that plaza corp is a front for knight industries. 

Archived