Heritage Owners Club

So....In general, how are things going for Heritage Guitars?

Polo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, yoslate said:

What was this thread about?  I'm lost, and now that I've seen this side of Tim, frightened....  Tim, this is not a good direction in which to take your retirement!

Rob, growing ever older as I read this thread has shown the threadbare nature of our minds.  B)

What about the inlay? We learned that Heritage isn't going to be doing the wooden "finger Rests" anymore, so what about the inlay? Are they still going to use real Mother of Pearl or are they going to go the Gibson route and use what some of us affectionately refer to as "Mother of Toilet Seat" plastic inlay?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 5:42 PM, jaywolfe said:

I believe they're doing well, BUT your source has a valid point, because they went from 22 models AND lot's of custom builds down to 6 models and few custom builds- their output has diminished. Sure, they're signing up new dealers BUT they'll have a tough time holding them due to their direct buy push. They are however financially sound for the 1st time ever and they're quite possibly well managed, which is something new also. They're promising exciting things to come next year and only time will tell. meanwhile the Guitars we're receiving are the best they've ever been in terms of fit, finish, playability and component quality. These folks really pay attention to the details and it's much appreciated out here in the hinterlands. Pete & crew are doing a superb job.

Many manufacturing businesses fail because they make too many variants of their products instead of concentrating in their core lines. Far better to stop producing the stuff that rarely sells and move it into a special bracket for custom builds and make a an extra percentage. As to buy direct, it's a sure way to lose retail customers. 

A couple weeks ago we were over on the East side of FL and stopped by Jay Wolfe's shop in Jupiter. I had never been there before, and I was quite impressed with his inventory and selection of Heritage guitars. I took a firsthand look and feel of the 2018 models and everything Jay has said about them is true. Impeccable quality, from top to bottom. He told me setups on these are a thing of the past, they come in from the factory ready to rock!

On 9/24/2018 at 1:13 PM, ElNumero said:

A couple weeks ago we were over on the East side of FL and stopped by Jay Wolfe's shop in Jupiter. I had never been there before, and I was quite impressed with his inventory and selection of Heritage guitars. I took a firsthand look and feel of the 2018 models and everything Jay has said about them is true. Impeccable quality, from top to bottom. He told me setups on these are a thing of the past, they come in from the factory ready to rock!

That sounds very positive to me.  I'd like to get a chance to try one at some point.

On 8/27/2018 at 12:42 PM, jaywolfe said:

I believe they're doing well, BUT your source has a valid point, because they went from 22 models AND lot's of custom builds down to 6 models and few custom builds- their output has diminished. Sure, they're signing up new dealers BUT they'll have a tough time holding them due to their direct buy push. They are however financially sound for the 1st time ever and they're quite possibly well managed, which is something new also. They're promising exciting things to come next year and only time will tell. meanwhile the Guitars we're receiving are the best they've ever been in terms of fit, finish, playability and component quality. These folks really pay attention to the details and it's much appreciated out here in the hinterlands. Pete & crew are doing a superb job.

I can vouch for this... I ordered a (what is a '17) Super Kenny Burrell last year from Heritage through Jay...it is simply beautiful, awesome, and about as perfect a guitar as i have ever seen. Tight grain top, gorgeous back, neck and sides...etc.  Plays just as well, and sounds just as great as the several earlier models i have (both SKBs and some Eagles)...Heritage is absolutely the best 'name manufacturer' of guitars in my opinion (i do have some individual luthier custom guitars which are also incredible)

I picked up a build last week. First one since the BandLab buy in. 

It took over 9 months to get it done after persistent inquiries on my part. It was a Custom Sweet 16 that I ordered.

I went over and picked it up myself. Wanted to say Hi to people I know there but didn't see anyone I knew. Bad timing

and there are a lot of new faces. 

Had a little snafu with the pickguard rocking.

I always take my builds to Ann Arbor Guitars to have them set up to my liking. They where very impressed with the build and

set up and said it was the best they have ever seen. Had to agree. It turned out nice! Plays like a dream.

It's how it should be for pricing of such builds.  

I am not a dealer anymore because of many factors. Heritage Guitar is putting out a high quality product and I wish them luck.

A few cell phone pics.

Sweet 16 3.jpg

Sweet 16 2.jpg

Sweet 16 1.jpg

Sweet 16 4.jpg

Sweet 16 5.jpg

Yikes Paul, that is very impressive. Sorry to hear that their new distribution practices have basically eliminated the small (but great) dealers such as yourself and Guy. 

• 2 months later...

Heritage old or new Im confident will continue to be the real Heritage of the Les Paul. I admire them for downsizing their models. Better to offer perfection because you can pay more attention to QC and detail when the product isnt being mass produced.(not That Heritage is a Fast Food company ever). Look at Big Bro  waaaaaaaaay too many irons in the fire and detail quality etc has shot way down. Im proud to be a Heritage owner and will be for past present and future models. Good to hear they are keeping it for most part as its ways been. I love my 94 H150. Mine for life. Good Job Heritage.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 12:33 AM, HANGAR18 said:

Once? He is STILL huge over there as far as I know.

Far more than that: he himself and almost everyone in Germany is convinced that David has torn down the Berlin Wall while singing his song "I've been looking for freedom". 

(off topic end)

Last summer it was reported that "B4 Distribution" is a new distributor for Heritage Guitars in Germany - never heard of them before. https://www.musikmedia.de/musikbranche/b4-distribution-vertreibt-jetzt-heritage-guitar/

(excerpt translated from a.m. article:) "Soon first instruments will arrive in Germany, but quantities are limited due to ornate/complex production method. Each guitar comes in a high quality TKL case. The recommended retail prices for the individual models are: ("alle Farben" = all colours)

Standard H-137 Second Edition Solid Singlecut Electric Guitar (alle Farben) € 1.999

Standard H-150 Solid Electric Guitar (alle Farben) € 2.699

Standard H-535 Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar (alle Farben) € 2.899

Standard H-530 Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar (alle Farben) € 2.999

Standard H-575 Hollow Electric Guitar (alle Farben) € 3.699

Standard Eagle Classic Hollow Electric Guitar (alle Farben) € 4.499 "

One of the largest German musical instrument dealer "thomann" has been offering Heritage Guitars over the recent years. What I can see from their latest offers, these instruments have serial numbers starting with AH and AI which is 2017 / 2018 :unsure:. For some guitars they quote "delivery period 6-7 weeks". I assume they are having an ongoing business relation with either Heritage directly or any distributor in Germany/Europe. https://www.thomann.de/de/heritage_guitar.html

Other than that you hardly find any dealers here in Hasselhoffland.

• 1 month later...

What Heritage needs is more brick and mortar outlets, I don't see how any executive can not see that.

Online direct sales I don't see as competition to brick and mortar because I very seriously doubt a first time buyer is going to buy direct sight unseen a brand they never saw in person much less played. I could be wrong, but I know I N-E-V-E-R would have bought my first (or second for that matter) Heritage git without playing them first.

After visiting Wolf in Florida (a L-O-N-G drive for me) it became even more clear that brick and mortar for first and maybe second time buyers is the ticket to recognition and acceptance they need. Players just will not drive hundreds of miles to tryout a git they never played.

Archived